• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Stock Market

I wouldn't have figured the DOW being up as much as it is today. I suppose the idea that we're going to print money with the stimulus and the FED is going to keep helping out is balancing out the unemployment rate in today's case. I hope I'm not being head faked, but I'll probably start wading in with the cash I have to play with soon. Would prefer to see a few mostly straight days though.

Probably my biggest regret would be being chicken with Boeing stock. Could've easily doubled my money there.

At least I'm sitting on a gold mine with Google still. That company's going to take off again easily very soon.

A few rules of thumb I usually go by. I’ve been trading for about 10 years and have learned a ton, sometimes the hard way.

1. Never go all in on one specific stock. If it crashes or things go bad you’re in a ton of trouble.
2. Never let greed control you. When you have a good profit, always sell some or all. Those who get greedy always waiting for higher prices are the ones who usually lose money. I’ve done it before and learned the hard way. 3. Never borrow money to invest, only invest what you can afford to lose if things go bad.
4. Diversify with several investments. Look for ones with solid income history/growth, low or no debt and that is oversold especially in these times.
5. Momentum plays can be big winners but take profits when you can. An example is MFA, GPMT which both are running hundreds of percent in gain in recent days. They have strong financials and were simply oversold and now bouncing back.

God why am I holding so many shares of UWT . I hear it’s gonna be delisted next week . I should have dumped it yesterday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A few rules of thumb I usually go by. I’ve been trading for about 10 years and have learned a ton, sometimes the hard way.

1. Never go all in on one specific stock. If it crashes or things go bad you’re in a ton of trouble.
2. Never let greed control you. When you have a good profit, always sell some or all. Those who get greedy always waiting for higher prices are the ones who usually lose money. I’ve done it before and learned the hard way. 3. Never borrow money to invest, only invest what you can afford to lose if things go bad.
4. Diversify with several investments. Look for ones with solid income history/growth, low or no debt and that is oversold especially in these times.
5. Momentum plays can be big winners but take profits when you can. An example is MFA, GPMT which both are running hundreds of percent in gain in recent days. They have strong financials and were simply oversold and now bouncing back.

I should've better put it as doubled the money put in with Boeing. I know, or at least have been told to diversify, because I still communicate with my dad a lot here, he holds AT&T stock, I have Verizon, but I was interested in the idea of AT&T, and he said that you shouldn't because you should diversify.

I just can’t get over how fast this tanked
6e5f8da7dc62e288ec56e02b473288c2.jpg

Dow is at session high and is rising! Wow, what a week!

It closed at 17% up for the week to date and 20% above the Monday intraday low!!

The Dow has come back 35% of the nearly 11K point drop from all time highs in the 29.5K area to the intraday Monday low of near 18.7K! That's very impressive and few predicted anything like that.

Last edited:
I was looking at Boeing last week when it was 80-90 and though I should set up an account and buy, buy, buy.

Now I am sad I waiting so long.

I got lucky . I’m up 84.35 a share in a week .

I owe jimmy a finders fee. I should get boeing to fly a new plane over his house and drop the money

Welcome. Jimmy is the Wall Street suit! We just follow his lead to glory or homelessness.

Well I’m only up 2.36% today. I’ve done worse I guess. Still holding this JNUG waiting for it to pop. Waitr Holdings rallied today. Could really pop soon because it’s so cheap

Well I’m only up 2.36% today. I’ve done worse I guess. Still holding this JNUG waiting for it to pop. Waitr Holdings rallied today. Could really pop soon because it’s so cheap

I lost my ass today on JNUG . But I’ll probably put another order in since it’s so much cheaper now

Back