Misc Stock Market

• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!
Why does it take so long for a checking deposit to show up in your Etrade account? The money has already been withdrawn from my checking but still isn’t available FML It’s like the money just disappeared

Russia isn't ruling out coming to an agreement with the Saudis. We'll see if this is a temporary thing or not. I suspect we have to get a little deeper into it to see if there's a legitimate chance for those groups to come back to the table together. If they don't, there are going to be some pretty sizable blow-ups in the energy sector, a sector filled with unprofitable companies, junky debt, credit issues, and derivatives. It has the potential to trigger a pretty big credit event.

In fact, there are lots of zombie companies out there who stand on the threshold of bankruptcy. If things don't normalize soon, you're going to see a rash of defaults, bankruptcies, and credit freezes as well as some notable hedge fund blow-ups and possible bank issues. You don't get the type of rapid and outsized moves in stocks, commodity prices, currencies, and bonds and not have some pretty substantial knock-on effects. I suspect we will start to see some fireworks in the coming days/weeks, unless things quickly normalize (which I think is unlikely).

I expect bail-outs and deeper financialization to follow. The Fed meeting next week is gong to be really interesting. I imagine they will bring out the bazooka, if they can wait that long. The fiscal stimulus rally today is already unwinding. I doubt they will suffer too many more down days before something is announced.

And it's red. Shed almost 1000 points in 2 hours. Trump isn't going to be able to stand in front of a few cameras and make stuff up this time. Or tweet it away.
  • The White House is far from ready to roll out specific economic proposals in its response to the widening impact of the coronavirus outbreak, administration officials said.
  • The revelation comes as U.S. stock futures pointed toward a rebound following President Trump’s suggestion that a payroll tax cut and other stimulus measures may be in the works.
  • However, inside the administration, some officials were stunned by Trump’s claim that he would hold a press conference Tuesday to announce an economic plan as the actual details remain up in the air.

Lol what the hell happened? We were what, +700 for the day?? Now we’re back to the red????????
We were up 900ish. The off-the-cuff mention of fiscal stimulus by Trump yesterday sparked the rally. Nothing else has changed. He tweeted this morning that nothing was actually going to happen on that front this week, blaming Pelosi and the Democrats. Even if a fiscal thing did get passed, I'm not sure how someone who is quarantined will actually be able to put any extra money to adequate use to stimulate economic activity. Down the road, maybe. As the debt continues to balloon....can't wait for $3 Trillion dollar deficits.

And it's red. Shed almost 1000 points in 2 hours. Trump isn't going to be able to stand in front of a few cameras and make stuff up this time. Or tweet it away.
  • The White House is far from ready to roll out specific economic proposals in its response to the widening impact of the coronavirus outbreak, administration officials said.
  • The revelation comes as U.S. stock futures pointed toward a rebound following President Trump’s suggestion that a payroll tax cut and other stimulus measures may be in the works.
  • However, inside the administration, some officials were stunned by Trump’s claim that he would hold a press conference Tuesday to announce an economic plan as the actual details remain up in the air.

Trump’s word has little credibility now due to past lies, half-lies, and exaggerations. He’ll almost certainly never get back the credibility that he may have had before. He’s by far the worst I can recall in that way.

Lol what the hell happened? We were what, +700 for the day?? Now we’re back to the red????????
Lots of easy money being made.
DOW just went negative -15.70
Close to the bear market threshold. How much further will it go? Dow could make a run at 20k before this panic is all said and done. There’s a fortune to be made if you time it right. The market is going to explode again going into summer. Imo

Reactions: Ethan80963

Stressing over hourly fluctuations during daily trading is nuts. If you're in the markets for the long term, the decadal trendline is always up.

If we fall to 6,594 (the nadir that the DJIA hit during 2008-2009 financial crisis), let me know. Until then, everyone needs to take a deep breath...

DJIA MAX.png

Reactions: DopplerWx
Stressing over hourly fluctuations during daily trading is nuts. If you're in the markets for the long term, the decadal trendline is always up.

If we fall to 6,594 (the nadir that the DJIA hit during 2008-2009 financial crisis), let me know. Until then, everyone needs to take a deep breath...

View attachment 37030
Exactly...The market is not for the faint of heart....Especially when you look at it several times an hour

Reactions: Yellow Snow

View attachment 37030

If the market is going down or not increasing for any substantial period of time, you're usually in a world of trouble.

Huh? Do you really think people in 2008 were saying "wow, the dow is still around 10,000 so it's automatically not as bad as the 1987 panic, there's absolutely nothing to worry about". Lol k.

Reactions: ForsythSnow
If the market is going down or not increasing for any substantial period of time, you're usually in a world of trouble.

Huh? Do you really think people in 2008 were saying "wow, the dow is still around 10,000 so it's automatically not as bad as the 1987 panic, there's absolutely nothing to worry about". Lol k.

That's not what I was saying at all - and 2-3 weeks is in no way a "substantial period of time" for a long-term investor.

View attachment 37030
No that's not how things work. Look at the difference, not the numbers. The stock market has plunged in a short period of time MORE than the 2008 financial crisis in numbers, 12K to 7K then, 29K to 23K now. Percent wise it's not as bad still, as 21% has been chopped off from this vs 42% then (Note this is just looking at numbers from 0 to the peak prior to the drop). I'd get ready for the recession. It's inevitable and it's in the final minutes.
That's not what I was saying at all - and 2-3 weeks is in no way a "substantial period of time" for a long-term investor.
Long term investment doesn't apply because that's the economic cycle, unless you're retiring in the next 5 years. It's the businesses right now that can't afford to lose money that will be affected the most.