• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Stock Market

Deflated by mass hysteria

Well, if you're willing to brag about "the greatest economy ever" and about the new highs in the stock market, then you should be willing to take responsibility when the market tanks. But of course this will never happen because Trump is just like all the rest--if not even worse. Not to mention, the whole economy is built on a house of cards and one day its coming down.

Well, if you're willing to brag about "the greatest economy ever" and about the new highs in the stock market, then you should be willing to take responsibility when the market tanks. But of course this will never happen because Trump is just like all the rest--if not even worse. Not to mention, the whole economy is built on a house of cards and one day its coming down.
Wrong thread ;)

It’s amazing to consider how the “greatest economy” ever has just been deflated by a virus and cheap oil.

Really when you strip away the coronavirus and oil the real problem is the market is very over valued, its been propped up by the Feds with them keeping rates so low.....so a sizable correction was coming, however you toss in corona, oil tanking and the correction finally starting and well you get this....which is a much quicker damaging correction than what probably would have occurred.

The entire world economy has been impacted, not just the US economy.

View attachment 36983

I realize this. But as my point is mostly political, I'll just leave it at that for now except to say that inconsistent/hypocritical people just grate on my nerves sometimes, and politicians/partisans are among the worst offenders in my book. /end rant.

I realize this. But as my point is mostly political, I'll just leave it at that for now except to say that inconsistent/hypocritical people just grate on my nerves sometimes, and politicians/partisans are among the worst offenders in my book. /end rant.

I don't know how anyone - on any side - could reasonably make political points based on a global Black Swan event.

It would be like arguing that the late-year slump in the economic recovery from the 2001 recession (which began that March) was due to the passage of the EGTRRA in June, and not the events of 9/11/01.

Opened up an E-trade account earlier. Idk where to start but I’m ready to capitalize on all of this fear and panic. Come to papa
I opened an E-trade account at the beginning of the year with the intent of buying gold, feeling certain a crash/downturn was inevitable. I never pulled the trigger, unfortunately. Now I will wait it out and look for stocks once the dust settles, whenever that is.

I don't know how anyone - on any side - could reasonably make political points based on a global Black Swan event.

It would be like arguing that the late-year slump in the economic recovery from the 2001 recession (which began that March) was due to the passage of the EGTRRA in June, and not the events of 9/11/01.
Hop over to the political thread when you get a sec.

Haha, no thanks - I get enough of that with my own friends & family on Facebook (especially in an election year cycle).
I hear you. I typed up a thing over there. I didn't want to post it here and have @metwannabe lock me out of the thread for going OT! :D

Back