Misc Stock Market

• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!
I'm glad to see this finally happening (even if it took a global pandemic to get it done), since this is the most regressive part of the tax code. If payroll tax rates - SS & Medicare withholding - were treated in the same way as income taxes, most lower-wage Americans wouldn't owe *any* payroll taxes.

Reactions: Metwannabe
I'm glad to see this finally happening (even if it took a global pandemic to get it done), since this is the most regressive part of the tax code. If payroll tax rates - SS & Medicare withholding - were treated in the same way as income taxes, most lower-wage Americans wouldn't owe *any* payroll taxes.

If this happens they would have to cut almost all of it for it to be any real help otherwise it will be so small it wont be noticeable for most people...also it will reduce the flow of money into the funds that pay out SS and Medicare....funds that are already not doing great.

I found this to be pretty neat. People seem to really hate Mondays. Historically, really massive drops in the S&P 500 on Monday usually bode for the stock market in the coming days, weeks, & months unless of course you’re actually about to enter a recession.

View attachment 37013

Futures are hovering around +800 , Japan and Hong Kong are green right now, so the European markets hopefully follow.....the Dow might not get all 2000 back but it might get close. That said I think the up days will be followed by bigger down days.…and we are not at the bottom yet.

Gas coming in at $1.90 on way to work Triad. See if it drops some more latter today into tommorow. Ill know when barrell of oil goes up, cause pump prices will rise in lock step.
Once Saudi Arabia’s proposed record production of 12.3 million barrels per day kicks in during April and the coronavirus becomes more widespread in the US, the price will probably plummet. It’s certainly not unreasonable to expect prices to drop towards $1.50 ish here

Reactions: Yellow Snow
Once Saudi Arabia’s proposed record production of 12.3 million barrels per day kicks in during April and the coronavirus becomes more widespread in the US, the price will probably plummet. It’s certainly not unreasonable to expect prices to drop towards $1.50 ish here

No question about it.

OPEC and (particularly) Russia have declared war on the US shale industry. Their goal is to weaken our oil production in order to take away market shares.
So I have an idea: Right now we can actually afford to hike gas taxes. I just paid $1.75 per gallon and would still be happy if it was $2.00 a gallon. We should guarantee our oil producers $30 per barrow (I think this is ~ break even). We enact a variable gas tax. (ex.)Say oil goes down to $25 a barrow, we could hike the tax to 5 cents per gallon to then provide $5 per barrow to our producers. I think only good would come from this; either OPEC/Russia cut back production (we keep shares) or oil/gas stay real low which would still be good for us.

Reactions: Chattownsnow