• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Stock Market

Just got to hope that last hr does not fall off the cliff....after 3:25 nothing can stop it until it hits -20%
None of the rest of the world is approaching that level of panic. We might fluctuate a few percent from where we are, but I don't see us crashing into the bell. What a distraction from the Coronavirus, though!

None of the rest of the world is approaching that level of panic. We might fluctuate a few percent from where we are, but I don't see us crashing into the bell. What a distraction from the Coronavirus, though!

yep, 5-8% was the hit to overseas markets last night. I see us settling in the same area when we close today.

Here's the problem though....bailouts allow for business that should exist to continue operation. An unprofitable business has no reason to innovate or do things better if they're having to rely on artificial price discovery or frequent injections of stimulus for support. The moral hazard in our economy is off the charts because of the continued bailouts, liquidity injections, and artificial monetary support that has existed for years now. It is not sustainable long-term, and it will eventually lead to the collapse of the economy.
I understand. I'm a pure capitalist at heart. But, oil is used by countries to push their political agendas. Energy (oil) is something that this country has become reliant on to function.
(I assume) The US doesn't want OPEC to take out our production. (if so) Then someday in the future they could cut us off because they disapprove of something with did. **we need to attempt (with government help) to stay independent with food and energy.

Dow futures, which dipped lower than the cash Dow during the halt, are now over 1,000 points higher than they were 2 hours ago!
I’m always inherently skeptical of these early-mid day rallies in a fragile market like this, the last few weeks have shown basically anything can happen after that and things become very tumultuous after mid portions of the day & we’ve seen several instances of late day sell-offs.

We’ve basically erased all of those gains and are closing in on session lows atm.

The Dow is down nearly -1900 yet again.

Referring to earlier discussion about Russia and the Saudis and their oil prices, I was watching Fox Business earlier today and they were saying Russia was lowering prices solely to kill the US shale oil industry. The Saudis had to match/go lower.

I’m always inherently skeptical of these early-mid day rallies in a fragile market like this, the last few weeks have shown basically anything can happen after that and things become very tumultuous after mid portions of the day & we’ve seen several instances of late day sell-offs.

We’ve basically erased all of those gains and are closing in on session lows atm.

The Dow is down nearly -1900 yet again.
oh there will be a big selloff after 2:30/3 or so

Referring to earlier discussion about Russia and the Saudis and their oil prices, I was watching Fox Business earlier today and they were saying Russia was lowering prices solely to kill the US shale oil industry. The Saudis had to match/go lower.

The rest of the world would love to kill US shale oil and are using the current panic as the means to an end. US Shale has been the primary driver behind reasonable oil prices for some time now. The biggest question yet to be answered is how long the US industry can survive at these price levels; last I saw the $40 - $45 per barrel range was needed however technology and efficiencies have continued to drive that number down.

I'm afraid Coronavirus panic whether warranted or not will continue to drive things for the foreseeable future; hang on and be prepared..

Time for the run into the close?

gun to head I think we close down about 6% so a slight bump in expecting from the -7.18% dow right now
I'm thinking 4-6% range...so in your neighborhood.

been awful flat since 3:25 lol...its like they just hope to get to the close without imploding now that the trips are off.....

nevermind....-2138

Back