• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Stock Market

The stock market & politics are inseparable from one another, but seeing as you're not a mod here, your opinion of what does and doesn't belong in a thread doesn't really matter anyway.
Hey man what the heck are you attacking me for? I was just pointing out that we have separate threads for the stock market and politics. I have never seen you behave that way.

Hey man what the heck are you attacking me for? I was just pointing out that we have separate threads for the stock market and politics. I have never seen you behave that way.

I'm just not sure why you've suddenly decided to get upset over someone's post in this thread regarding how closely linked the stock market is and influenced by politics (esp from Larry/Gawx) because it doesn't perfectly align with your pov.

My point definitely still remains that those drops occurred in a span of weeks not months. The intervening period doesn't count :)

Yeah the first drop was about 4-5 weeks, the second drop was slower over 3 months. Either way, hopefully we aren’t heading for another recession and things can stabilize soon!

Only to go splat tomorrow. No way it rallies 2 days in a row.

It's down what 15% or so at its lowest from where it was a month ago....that about what a average correction looks like, but this market was way over valued so I see some talk of a 20-25% correction being possible that means 5-10% down from its lowest point yesterday. I agree I think the down days are going to be bigger than the up days and we see the slide down continue. There is really no news to indicate any reason for the market to have big rallies.

Some folks have their fingers crossed this slide will continue, deepen. I think by mid May into the summer we see alot of this recovered.

Last edited:
Some folks have their fingers crossed this slide will continue, deepen. I think by mid May into the summer we see alot of this recovered.

I do, I do. But it's because I'm literally investing that it declines. I have been since October 19' though. So I'd been getting killed for quite a while before the downturn started. I'd love to see another 20 - 25% down in the market to get back to good value. Then ride the train back up whenever this mess stops. I'm planning for a bumpy ride though through the election at least.

We’ve lost basically all the gains we made yesterday with the Dow posting -1000. Our volatility is nearly on par with the 2008-09 economic crisis. Absolutely no way I’d throw my money at short-medium term investments atm.

Looking for a good entry point in Boeing. It's down 53% from it's high 1 year ago. (which means when it gets back there you make 100% if investing today) I'd LOVE to see it get down in $150 range.

Back