• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Stock Market

These people always know before.
Im not a big Burr fan, im staunch conservative.
But almost everyone was pulling out, self included , early to mid last week. Why at his age getting ready to retire he had that much sitting in there is beyond me. I get to 60 north, im looking to lock in what ive made as safe a place as I can find.

I'm not guaranteeing it won't go lower at all. I just think there are more things that can swing it back higher. It was probably headed into the 30s before the SA/Russia thing. All of this tension build up actually increases the chances of conflict over there. That would certainly cause it to spike hard.
The world is like a rubber band right now. Stretching in all directions.

Im not a big Burr fan, im staunch conservative.
But almost everyone was pulling out, self included , early to mid last week. Why at his age getting ready to retire he had that much sitting in there is beyond me. I get to 60 north, im looking to lock in what ive made as safe a place as I can find.

Issue is he apparently sold on February 13th; that's a long time ago. So did a few others and guarantee there were more than just a few, not to mention friends and families..

Agreed on the locking in and safety; a good friend of mine had his retirement planned in a little less than 2 years; I've been trying to tell him for some time he should be ultra-conservative especially since he was primarily just working for the extra salary and health benefits; now he's talking about his timeline is all messed up.

I have to work 'till I'm 70ish or dead; sins of youth and some bad investments so I'm rolling the dice on long-term..

Although crude is up, with the volatility surrounding it right now, any thoughts that solar power stocks could make a rebound (at least short term)?

I hate to make predictions about equities but I recommend being very careful in the market right now. It looks like today is going to be very GREEN and should close STRONG with all the expiring options and futures. After 3PM it could fly if it stays positive all day.

This could also be a major head fake though. It could appear the market has found it's footing and is ready to blast off. Overall volatility should decrease significantly after it's reset too.

But, California just shut their state down. Their GDP if taken alone would be the 5th largest in the world. Ahead of UK, India, France, Brazil, Italy, Canada, SK, Russia, etc. Other states will probably follow suit. Our Euro trading partners are closing down. The amount of coronavirus cases, and unfortunately related deaths, are about to spike in the coming weeks. The 'people' aren't prepared for this and you can see that in their daily actions. The upcoming job loss numbers when they come out are going to be a spike like we've probably never seen before. The list of reasons against the market right now are long.

I'm not trying to spread fear or doom and gloom. I'm stating the markets are currently down 28-30% and I think there could be another 10% down coming in the days ahead and possibly another 20% over the next couple months. Would it surprise anyone? I don't think it will be as violent where we see 5-10% swing days but a more steady decline until impacts are more fully understood.

Hopefully I'm wrong and it turns around sooner. If we get some reliable treatments and social distancing is effective in slowing it down then maybe it's not as painful.

Good luck out there!

I hate to make predictions about equities but I recommend being very careful in the market right now. It looks like today is going to be very GREEN and should close STRONG with all the expiring options and futures. After 3PM it could fly if it stays positive all day.

This could also be a major head fake though. It could appear the market has found it's footing and is ready to blast off. Overall volatility should decrease significantly after it's reset too.

But, California just shut their state down. Their GDP if taken alone would be the 5th largest in the world. Ahead of UK, India, France, Brazil, Italy, Canada, SK, Russia, etc. Other states will probably follow suit. Our Euro trading partners are closing down. The amount of coronavirus cases, and unfortunately related deaths, are about to spike in the coming weeks. The 'people' aren't prepared for this and you can see that in their daily actions. The upcoming job loss numbers when they come out are going to be a spike like we've probably never seen before. The list of reasons against the market right now are long.

I'm not trying to spread fear or doom and gloom. I'm stating the markets are currently down 28-30% and I think there could be another 10% down coming in the days ahead and possibly another 20% over the next couple months. Would it surprise anyone? I don't think it will be as violent where we see 5-10% swing days but a more steady decline until impacts are more fully understood.

Hopefully I'm wrong and it turns around sooner. If we get some reliable treatments and social distancing is effective in slowing it down then maybe it's not as painful.

Good luck out there!
Well written

Well. Oil.

Dropped $3 in 3 hours

Call your boys and tell them to knock it off right now. You'll have more flexibility after the election (some of ya'll will get that).

If this ends up being true, I truly was foolish to buy DAL a few weeks ago. I'd do some DCA'ing but I can't because I don't know if whether they're going to do an equity stake or what. Equity stakes look like they eventually mean wiping out the shareholders.

If this ends up being true, I truly was foolish to buy DAL a few weeks ago. I'd do some DCA'ing but I can't because I don't know if whether they're going to do an equity stake or what. Equity stakes look like they eventually mean wiping out the shareholders.

It's just talk, that would never fly (no pun intended)

Ok I am starting with $200
Any suggestions on some stocks I should buy and how many shares

Back