• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Stock Market

Waiting for them to do it like they did Microsoft the other day and send it green before the opening bell..8% might be insurmountable though...08BB2BCD-5D95-4813-91D7-B9E09AE3D325.png

Been hanging on to these shares for a while used to be AWGI
View attachment 87411

Some nice profits there! Back when it was AWGI it was well under a penny when we started talking about this one. Amazing how profitable many of these pennies can be.

I will say most of the custo plays like this one have been selling off when the merger candidate is revealed, some dropping 50% or more. As they say buy the rumor and sell the news. Something to consider if you still have a decent amount of profit.

You playing the new custodial plays? There are some really hot ones out there that have been doing quite well in penny land. Some amazing gainers lately and once we hit September pennies should really heat up again, especially if we see more lockdowns and people start working remote and trading more.

Microsoft reversed during their earnings call in the after hours on Wednesday because they provided good guidance, so there ending up basically flat yesterday wasn't too surprising. Amazon did no such thing, and their slight disappointment on revenue caused a halo effect on a lot of the tech stocks you can think of.

9:30 is over 12 hours away but I'm seeing flashes of an October 30th-esque day tomorrow, needless to say. It's not an exact comp given that the reports didn't all come at the same time and we didn't really sell off this week (until tomorrow potentially given what was seen in the after hours), but the vibes are similar.

I was going to hold off and see what happened next week before making a judgement but I'm guessing that the Nasdaq-100 is going to test that 5 month consolidation range that it broke out of in June in the next two weeks. It felt like it could potentially be different from April right up to that report by Amazon because Apple had a nondescript reaction in the end yesterday. Now it doesn't.

I have no clue how the market indices are still near ATH’s. We had some dreadful earnings and those sold off but bought others so SPY and QQQ just keep hanging around. This market just wants to go up. Crazy.

I have no clue how the market indices are still near ATH’s. We had some dreadful earnings and those sold off but bought others so SPY and QQQ just keep hanging around. This market just wants to go up. Crazy.
What else do people do with money? Interest rates are ----. Real estate is at ATH. I guess you could do "safe" dividend stocks but fomo is real. Bubble will grow till it pops.

What else do people do with money? Interest rates are ----. Real estate is at ATH. I guess you could do "safe" dividend stocks but fomo is real. Bubble will grow till it pops.

I guess this market isn’t going down until they raise interest rates. Just nothing but buying.

FANMG, minus G, all reported or guided to rapidly slowing growth and QQQ is still 1% off ATH. Amazon had just an awful earnings and sold off hard.

I was very long past couple of months but I moved to a lot of cash this week. Probably will stay there until October but will pick a name or two to trade.

I bought a little Eth when it took out $2k. I added a little more at $2200. It’s going nuts too.

Double bottom off $1800 was auto buy.

Form of a golden cross too…8ema/50dma.

D47A2311-9715-4B14-BAC2-613617B528EB.png

Keep in mind that the next move in the NDX/QQQ didn’t really transpire on earnings week in April. It was revealed the week after.

It’s murky for me. That move that was seen on Tuesday specifically has gotten follow through to the downside this year in the Nasdaq shortly afterward, but then unlike the last trading day of April, the semiconductor sector looked good yesterday, and this has been working as a lead indicator.

Still feel there’s a good chance that range breakout ends up being tested within the next two weeks.

What will be interesting is if it comes in with rates moving lower. If that happens, smalls and value won’t be covering it up and that will break the streak the SPX is on of not seeing a close of 5% or more from its previous ATH.

Edit: Yeah, nevermind, that put option dropped in value, but I will try this out at some point.

Last edited:
Posting this so we can follow back up on this. High volume on the $22 calls at for 50 cents. The Sept monthlies. What an odd trade...one trader bought 741 of them which is really odd.

Screen Shot 2021-08-02 at 5.13.18 PM.png

I would be getting my bear stocks ready looking at stockcharts djx xbi nbx spy all look like they are in a down leg. but the the fed printing i guess anything could happen.
labd drip bnkd vxx uvxy soxs

Posting this so we can follow back up on this. High volume on the $22 calls at for 50 cents. The Sept monthlies. What an odd trade...one trader bought 741 of them which is really odd.

View attachment 87570
I don't really understand calls and puts but I do know there are some huge expectations for Sept. Curious to see how this plays out

In fact, can you explain that chart to me like I'm 2? Lol

Last edited:
Rates are going to have much more of a final say on at least the value sectors than the charts. If they're going lower, then all of that work that the Dow did to fight back from being hit hard for a stretch in June and on July 19th is going to disappear very fast (and then could easily reappear just as fast given what's been going on since late October/early November).

Tech still looks murky to me until we see what the semiconductor sector does. If there's any similarities to May, it looks like to me the Dow might play the role of the Nasdaq in May in August if things turn south, although there are differences in where the gains came (most of the Nasdaq's was in April, but the Dow's was split between the latter half of June and July), where the index is able to manage to trade to the highest it has ever traded but can't break out and gets sent back down...

You can make a good argument that value stocks maybe should be toast for real here actually until the debt ceiling is resolved (and I do recognize that it might be "if" it is) based off what the treasury is doing. They're not issuing new treasuries right now because of the debt ceiling deal, and demand is still the same, which means that rates could easily go lower.

Back