• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Stock Market

ARKK is now down 34% from its ATH.

Completely mind blowing even if you have no position here. It's given back most of that burst from after the election now.

Some speculation that it might have all not been real to boot as well with that shocker that Cathie revealed on Friday. Some think that her specialty might have been OTM call buying causing gamma squeezes, and once Hwang got in trouble in February, that dropped off.

SPY had an ugly daily and tech had a nice bull trap on Friday. Total melt down today.

still in a lot of cash

A6A56856-E975-4284-B7B1-B970059E62C8.png2C0EBEE6-FE7F-4AD6-A775-99772393FC22.png

Were these just gamma squeezes? As although I've seen some crazy things occur, what happened in the two weeks after what I now call memapalooza for some stocks is pretty dang staggering and I never noticed it until I was looking deeper at ARKW:

Screenshot (69).png

Screenshot (70).png

Screenshot (71).png

Makes a girl wonder... Some think that the entire August Nasdaq runup was a gamma squeeze pump, but I'm looking at this and this might be even more blatant (you can see this in some other stocks too). I'm sure it's purely coincidental that these charts look quite similar to VIAC for example...

Oh and although I will likely look in about 45ish minutes, I do not even need to look at the futures for the top 3 indices to know it's bad and as of now my March 9th idea is dead (where this was just too violent a move). I've become a degen that watches the Nikkei lmaoo.

Were these just gamma squeezes? As although I've seen some crazy things occur, what happened in the two weeks after what I now call memapalooza for some stocks is pretty dang staggering and I never noticed it until I was looking deeper at ARKW:

View attachment 83678

View attachment 83679

View attachment 83680

Makes a girl wonder... Some think that the entire August Nasdaq runup was a gamma squeeze pump, but I'm looking at this and this might be even more blatant (you can see this in some other stocks too). I'm sure it's purely coincidental that these charts look quite similar to VIAC for example...

Oh and although I will likely look in about 45ish minutes, I do not even need to look at the futures for the top 3 indices to know it's bad and as of now my March 9th idea is dead (where this was just too violent a move). I've become a degen that watches the Nikkei lmaoo.

It doesn’t sound good and why would she admit this on CNBC.

Nice typical reversal fakeout of the breakdown fakeout of the previous breakout.

call me a sucker...I did long some SPY at $410, IBB at $146 and $DIS at $179. I also added CME through $210, been consolidating. I took profits on 30% of that on the bounce. We are in such a different stock market with retail buying up dips.

really unhappy about $VUZI...I thought I had bids placed in the yellow box but I guess they didn't save on Fidelity. Fib showed bounce in that area.

Screen Shot 2021-05-11 at 12.16.27 PM.png

Personally I didn't find that turnaround to be very convincing. I remember the Nasdaq in particular did something like this on February 23rd (although it was more extreme on that day) and a couple days later it dropped 3.5%.

I'd be more convinced had it either ramped more than this (instead every time it went positive it got hit) or if Apple had come back completely. Instead, you might have seen a bunch of short covering in speculative tech as it has been absolutely hammered already (the interesting thing is although ARKK was +2%, Tesla was negative lol).

But perhaps another bear trap got laid today. That would not be that surprising for this world where outside of memapalooza in 2021, market sell offs seem to just be a couple hours most of the time with a couple of exceptions (February 25th and the first of the year lol). It'd make sense as the way the VIX was behaving after it rejected last Tuesday became a bull trap. I am not overly bullish but VIX crush Friday had me fooled last week.

Tough trading or even investing right now. $CRWD best of breed cyber security was just getting pummeled but today decided to rally 10% off the lows. So many stocks with these big engulfing daily candles. Which is why I just longed SPY instead.

Sold CME/DIS at HOD. Market is to crazy right now.

Screen Shot 2021-05-11 at 4.56.05 PM.png

Personally I didn't find that turnaround to be very convincing. I remember the Nasdaq in particular did something like this on February 23rd (although it was more extreme on that day) and a couple days later it dropped 3.5%.

I'd be more convinced had it either ramped more than this (instead every time it went positive it got hit) or if Apple had come back completely. Instead, you might have seen a bunch of short covering in speculative tech as it has been absolutely hammered already (the interesting thing is although ARKK was +2%, Tesla was negative lol).

But perhaps another bear trap got laid today. That would not be that surprising for this world where outside of memapalooza in 2021, market sell offs seem to just be a couple hours most of the time with a couple of exceptions (February 25th and the first of the year lol). It'd make sense as the way the VIX was behaving after it rejected last Tuesday became a bull trap. I am not overly bullish but VIX crush Friday had me fooled last week.
Things are so off, I not sure if anyone knows what is happening or going to happen. If you figure any of this out, be sure to share with us.

Props to the market bears, for the first time in several months (late October), you've likely won.

I knew it in my gut that yesterday's Dow move was an all bad signal. It's laid bear traps before in the past 6 months or so but losing 1000 points (now over that too) that quick wasn't a great omen.

I don't think that this is "IT" for the late in 2018 like move that I was suspecting was going to happen at some point or if it even gets as bad as late October, but you are likely to at least see SPX and the Dow fill all of their April gaps now.

Back