• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Stock Market

Researching stocks to invest in long term in my IRA and it's not easy. Every chart for growth companies looks like a rocket taking off. These are all monthly charts...why didn't I do this last year and buy all these stocks then. I could have retired!

parabolic.gif

Researching stocks to invest in long term in my IRA and it's not easy. Every chart for growth companies looks like a rocket taking off. These are all monthly charts...why didn't I do this last year and buy all these stocks then. I could have retired!

View attachment 72413
I've been trying to do the same, and everything looks like it's in a bubble.

Are there any sectors at all that haven't exploded?

I've been trying to do the same, and everything looks like it's in a bubble.

Are there any sectors at all that haven't exploded?

As of now I own these stocks in my IRA. Looking for more though. I may add JETS, airline ETF for reopening play.

DKNG - online gambling, sports wagering only going to grow.

CCL - cruise line reopening play

FIII - SPAC/EV play, think this hits $18-20 by end of this year. Trading at a 3x multiple for 2022E rev, very cheap. If it executes it should be trading at 10-12x multiple.

GIK - same as above but think this could be $25 in 12 months.

STIC - SPAC merging with bark box. High growth, already hit $20 and pulled back to $13, merger in April and I think it runs back to low $20’s by April/May.

As of now I own these stocks in my IRA. Looking for more though. I may add JETS, airline ETF for reopening play.

DKNG - online gambling, sports wagering only going to grow.

CCL - cruise line reopening play

FIII - SPAC/EV play, think this hits $18-20 by end of this year. Trading at a 3x multiple for 2022E rev, very cheap. If it executes it should be trading at 10-12x multiple.

GIK - same as above but think this could be $25 in 12 months.

STIC - SPAC merging with bark box. High growth, already hit $20 and pulled back to $13, merger in April and I think it runs back to low $20’s by April/May.
That's a pretty good selection. I have some allocation to the mutual funds available to choose from and also some gold and silver miners (NEM, GOLD, EXK, AG, GFI, WPM, SAND) a uranium stock (UEC), MVIS, and a lot of cash.

I have scaled a lot of those miners back, as they have run up and took some profits on MVIS on Friday.

I'm thinking inflation is coming, and I think commodities are going to do well. But I don't know any specific companies yet that I would want to invest in long term.

I think a weed stock or two would be a good hold, as well as an alternative energy and maybe genetics-type play. But these sectors seem to have run away right now.

That's a pretty good selection. I have some allocation to the mutual funds available to choose from and also some gold and silver miners (NEM, GOLD, EXK, AG, GFI, WPM, SAND) a uranium stock (UEC), MVIS, and a lot of cash.

I have scaled a lot of those miners back, as they have run up and took some profits on MVIS on Friday.

I'm thinking inflation is coming, and I think commodities are going to do well. But I don't know any specific companies yet that I would want to invest in long term.

I think a weed stock or two would be a good hold, as well as an alternative energy and maybe genetics-type play. But these sectors seem to have run away right now.

I think I may invest in CLNE (energy). I have been trading it but I think it’s going in my IRA. Also, FRSX too. It’s small enough that I think they either get bought out or a big partnership is coming.

Also, I have several funds I am in still but feel like I have good selection of stocks the upside will be much higher and if it’s in a high growth industry the floor will be higher.

Feel like you have to have some skin in the game. May look back on this in 2-3 years and wonder why weren’t we invested.

What are some of the good names in this space? I mean, we can find tickers, but does anyone know the top two or three best operating companies here?

What are some of the good names in this space? I mean, we can find tickers, but does anyone know the top two or three best operating companies here?

With the uncertainty in emerging markets, an ETF may be worth a try. $YOLO is in the 20 dollar range with 265M assets under management, up from 125M last quarter and 62M from Q3. Low dividend payments but expected given the small companies set to boom. Better than putting all your eggs in one basket. (Not investment advice)

+23% one month
+85% three month

Back