• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Stock Market

I feel like I need a weed play in my IRA. They have all run so much but I may add one or two. I have some reopening stocks, CCL and SAVE that have done well past few weeks. I was going to add BFI this week but it sprang today but I may add it next week.
I don't know what the weed plays are, tbh. I feel like that industry is going to be strong for a long time to come. What are some sectors that are out of favor right now? Are there any? I mean, commodities, healthcare, financials, tech, metals, energy, pretty much everything seems to be catching a bid right now. I feel like there are some really good hidden gems out there that haven't run up 200% or more already!

Not a stock, but I have slowly in the last month started putting money into Algorand crypto. In my very novice ability in DD, it seems to be something that is a very good long term play. You also get a 7.5% APY if you store on their official wallet instead of storing on coinbase, binance which is only 6%APY.

Thought I would share with you guys. Just remember I AM NOT A FINANCIAL ADVISOR.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

I'd check out the weed ETFs and look at their holdings.

Top 10 Marijuana ETFs (etfdb.com)

The problem is that they've already run a lot. Like GRWG (a ticker, not one of the ETFs) for example, I've long known about it and just never took action. It's like how I thought about making a play on clean energy based off a hunch I had several months ago and only just did a couple weeks ago.

I kinda have confidence problems...lol.

Not a stock, but I have slowly in the last month started putting money into Algorand crypto. In my very novice ability in DD, it seems to be something that is a very good long term play. You also get a 7.5% APY if you store on their official wallet instead of storing on coinbase, binance which is only 6%APY.

Thought I would share with you guys. Just remember I AM NOT A FINANCIAL ADVISOR.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
Here's my thing about cryptos. I'm not a crypto expert by any means. But I've been around a long time. There are all kinds of options out there and most of them are doing very well. I've seen a lot of bubbles in my day, but cryptos remind me so much of of the dotcom boom. This looks exactly like that did back then. You couldn't go wrong with a dotcom. Then the bust. Everything was crushed. I know, I just know, the same thing is going to happen in the crypto space. How high do they go before? No way to know. The big idea behind cryptos is that they offer a decentralized alternative to fiat currency. But the problem is that governments will never ever give up monetary control. Once they get serious about the space, they will issue government digital currency and just hammer the rest of the market with regulations that render it useless.

At some point an important sovereign is going to do this, or there's going to be some kind of tech issue that bursts the bubble. But something along those lines is coming at some point.

I have a 401k with Schwab, my old employer. I still use a mix of funds they have available as well as individual equities. They have what's called a personal choice retirement account within their 401k where I can trade stocks. It doesn't allow me to trade options, futures, or OTC/pink sheet stuff, though. I know that really doesn't answer your question about an IRA, though.

We need @metwannabe @Thor @snowlover91 @Jimmy Hypocracy to tell us some other hidden MVIS gems that aren't penny stocks that actually have a real product or service that have been beaten down and are wildly undervalued.
My money is on TELL, VXRT, and CLOV. I’m beating myself for not getting in CLOV 3 hours ago and hesitating . Smdh

I got into ETTX a few months back and have almost doubled. I know your probably looking for under 5$ stocks on the big board. The trick is everything has run up. So you target industries that havent....like energy? Marathon(MRO) is one im in. But I won't see explosive growth there, just banking on an overall sector move eventually. I bought all the airlines and boeing at March lows, sure they've got me 50-100% but the reopening plays have been muted by the slow recovery. Hospitality would be a reopening play as well. Disney has got me 80% and like snowlover91 its one I've treated like a savings account of sorts.

Last edited:
I have a 401k with Schwab, my old employer. I still use a mix of funds they have available as well as individual equities. They have what's called a personal choice retirement account within their 401k where I can trade stocks. It doesn't allow me to trade options, futures, or OTC/pink sheet stuff, though. I know that really doesn't answer your question about an IRA, though.

We need @metwannabe @Thor @snowlover91 @Jimmy Hypocracy to tell us some other hidden MVIS gems that aren't penny stocks that actually have a real product or service that have been beaten down and are wildly undervalued.
BKYI, MDVL

I pretty much only trade OTC, big board stocks are okay but just not as exciting as the Wild West of OTC. Trading pennies I’ve made 55,000% now off my initial investment. At some point I’ll probably add in a few big board ones, but right now I’m riding the OTC as much as possible while it’s hot.

Ok so I've seen a lot of comments about SNDL, here and other places, tell me why I should invest in it. Other than the obvious political administration being more favorable for the weed industry, give me some good DD. I've shared tons of MVIS DD, somebody convince me one way or the other....share and share alike ?

I’m in big with TELL at this point...maybe MVIS will have a pullback for a decent entry point. Wish I had stuck with it....the whole hindsight thing ya know
Hope you learned your lesson, you bought in and 2 days later were panicking . If the stock market were that easy everyone would get into it . It’s not , gotta take the L before the W. Stay down till you git up. Patience ! If PT that metwannabe shared with us hold weight then still profit to be made getting in now , though waiting for pullback is smarter .

Well I'm not talking about 10s of thousands of shares or anything....I don't have DadofJax kind of money. Where is he, by the way?? @DadOfJax

Anyway, I got laid off a couple years ago and got a nice severance, which I've been saving. Now I can pay some stuff off and not wipe out my savings.

If you ever want to get together for lunch, you let me know. My treat.
Hey RC the wife and I are headed to Raleigh to meet those college kids of mine for lunch at the Cowfish, you buying? ??

Back