• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Stock Market

MVIS starting to get to mania phase. Going to have to get a monster pullback soon.

Been waiting on AWGI to come back to the 50's to load more, maybe early next week. SNVP looks like I missed that one, but a nice run for sure. I like how LGBS is moving on low volume, that can be explosive if news or volume comes in.

LGBS was being loaded heavily in the 2s and now 3s appear to be the new loading zone. Once some filings start hitting or updates from the company I imagine it will take off.

SNVP there are rumors of a reverse merger with a Fortune 1000 company, I imagine news on that will spread over the weekend and could be a big Monday. I bought a small position to see what happens. AWGI is seeing accumulation in 6s now, possibly a new support level as we wait for the process to finish up.

Also one of my favorite stocks to protect some of my profits is BCV. It's a closed end fund so doesn't have a ton of volume and it pays a 10% dividend. Over 5 years it has returned 107% vs 93% for the DOW, and that doesn't include the dividends it pays either. Part of my trading strategy now is to preserve a good chunk of my profits by taking some each month and putting them in BCV, let it steadily grow and compound as well. Obviously if the market goes down it would be susceptible to that as well so it isn't risk free.

PVDG approaching .04 now, I remember when it was .001s and buying at that price. Much more to come on it too.

LGBS was being loaded heavily in the 2s and now 3s appear to be the new loading zone. Once some filings start hitting or updates from the company I imagine it will take off.

SNVP there are rumors of a reverse merger with a Fortune 1000 company, I imagine news on that will spread over the weekend and could be a big Monday. I bought a small position to see what happens. AWGI is seeing accumulation in 6s now, possibly a new support level as we wait for the process to finish up.

Where do you end up finding out about some of these?

After taking a massive L with GME, I've been steadily learning more and more about trading and have been following along with this thread. What brokers do y'all use? I've been using a combo of Merrill for my ETFs and then RH for just stocks (though I want to get out of RH)

MVIS starting to get to mania phase. Going to have to get a monster pullback soon.

Yeah, it always worries me when you get these parabolic spikes...it just alerts the shorts who take it personally and want to rip it apart. It's doubled in a week.

Yeah, it always worries me when you get these parabolic spikes...it just alerts the shorts who take it personally and want to rip it apart. It's doubled in a week.
Just sold half right under $12. Going to let the rest ride. Going to use those proceed and some other savings to pay off the house and be debt free for the first time ever.

Just sold half right under $12. Going to let the rest ride. Going to use those proceed and some other savings to pay off the house and be debt free for the first time ever.
I don't have that many shares, gonna hold till BO then I'll be able to do all that..... hopefully

I don't have that many shares, gonna hold till BO then I'll be able to do all that..... hopefully
Well I'm not talking about 10s of thousands of shares or anything....I don't have DadofJax kind of money. Where is he, by the way?? @DadOfJax

Anyway, I got laid off a couple years ago and got a nice severance, which I've been saving. Now I can pay some stuff off and not wipe out my savings.

If you ever want to get together for lunch, you let me know. My treat.

Just curious...who has IRA's and do you guys invest in mutual funds...stocks...or both? I started a new job 2 years ago and I just now rolled over my 401k to an IRA and now can invest in stocks and mutual funds. I am starting to dabble in stocks in my IRA where before it was all mutual funds and some bonds.

Just curious...who has IRA's and do you guys invest in mutual funds...stocks...or both? I started a new job 2 years ago and I just now rolled over my 401k to an IRA and now can invest in stocks and mutual funds. I am starting to dabble in stocks in my IRA where before it was all mutual funds and some bonds.
I have a 401k with Schwab, my old employer. I still use a mix of funds they have available as well as individual equities. They have what's called a personal choice retirement account within their 401k where I can trade stocks. It doesn't allow me to trade options, futures, or OTC/pink sheet stuff, though. I know that really doesn't answer your question about an IRA, though.

We need @metwannabe @Thor @snowlover91 @Jimmy Hypocracy to tell us some other hidden MVIS gems that aren't penny stocks that actually have a real product or service that have been beaten down and are wildly undervalued.

In my brokerage account, I have a few thousand shares of FFMGF (First Mining Gold) and GLDG (Goldmining Inc.). Neither has done very much, and they've been beaten down pretty good. I feel like both are at or close to a bottom. But it might take time for value to be realized, as they are in the junior mining space. Once money starts pouring into the sector, whenever that happens, they should head higher.

In my brokerage account, I have a few thousand shares of FFMGF (First Mining Gold) and GLDG (Goldmining Inc.). Neither has done very much, and they've been beaten down pretty good. I feel like both are at or close to a bottom. But it might take time for value to be realized, as they are in the junior mining space. Once money starts pouring into the sector, whenever that happens, they should head higher.

I feel like I need a weed play in my IRA. They have all run so much but I may add one or two. I have some reopening stocks, CCL and SAVE that have done well past few weeks. I was going to add BFI this week but it sprang today but I may add it next week.

I have a 401k with Schwab, my old employer. I still use a mix of funds they have available as well as individual equities. They have what's called a personal choice retirement account within their 401k where I can trade stocks. It doesn't allow me to trade options, futures, or OTC/pink sheet stuff, though. I know that really doesn't answer your question about an IRA, though.

We need @metwannabe @Thor @snowlover91 @Jimmy Hypocracy to tell us some other hidden MVIS gems that aren't penny stocks that actually have a real product or service that have been beaten down and are wildly undervalued.
I agree need those guys to point us in the right direction, don't include metwannabe in that discussion.... I got lucky, actually, I think the good Lord had a hand in this. Other than my penny stock debacle over 20 yrs ago, back in March was the first time I'd started dabbling in stocks..... all seriousness, feeling pretty blessed at the moment.

Back