• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Stock Market

If we don't, I'm not sure if the Fed is going to be able to fix it this time. I honestly don't know. I hope we get a big rally in the next few minutes.
Seems to me that the fed can't fix this with words and actions especially since this is a worldwide issue. It's going to be painful watching the markets.

Trump’s Europe travel ban was an immediate fiasco, promptly condemned by European leaders. Thousands of Americans in Europe panicked to get home before they got locked out. And Trump didn’t explain why he exempted Ireland and the U.K., leading to speculation that those two countries got special treatment because Trump owns golf courses there. Instead of a coherent travel policy coordinated among nations, Trump delivered a rash, standalone move that caught everybody off-guard.
Just to clarify and not to start a debate, American in Europe are not going to be locked out. There were exceptions for American citizens in the travel ban

Just to clarify and not to start a debate, American in Europe are not going to be locked out. There were exceptions for American citizens in the travel ban

And that had to be clarified after his address.

If we don't, I'm not sure if the Fed is going to be able to fix it this time. I honestly don't know. I hope we get a big rally in the next few minutes.
Fed action just doesn't matter imo, all one has to do is think about is all the sports getting canceled in this country. Seriously, we have no idea right now that economic impact, for all those towns that were going to host NCAA games or conference tournaments, I mean professional athletics (Billion dollar industries) are shut down and of course the fear of the unknown.... nothing the Feds do, nothing the Pres says, nothing stops it at this point imho.

If we finish at a 9% loss or higher on the Dow today, the only days with higher percentage losses were Black Monday in 1987 & Oct 1929 right before the Great Depression. Very comforting... /s

Fed action just doesn't matter imo, all one has to do is think about is all the sports getting canceled in this country. Seriously, we have no idea right now that economic impact, for all those towns that were going to host NCAA games or conference tournaments, I mean professional athletics (Billion dollar industries) are shut down and of course the fear of the unknown.... nothing the Feds do, nothing the Pres says, nothing stops it at this point imho.

85% of the NCAA’s budget comes from the college basketball tournament.

The FED had been propping up the markets for years now. The bubble was going to burst at some point. And this is probably the worst kind of needle due to our 77.4% service sector GDP>

The Dow closed at 29,551 on February 12.

The Dow closed at 21,200 on March 12.

Back