• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Stock Market

FED is breaking out the bazooka. Market climbing off the lows.

Just getting my feet wet. This was really enticing. Too much upside not to pull the trigger. Normal market and I’m getting a generous return. View attachment 37113
I did this.... once. Dumped $1000 into an oil exploratory company, their stock had dropped to $1.50 with projections of going to 15 or 20 and a good friend of mine had already earned $5k off of it. Well it sank to .07 and never came back, oh what I could've done with that $1500 (if I'd just bought gold)

Ballgame for the bears. Don't. Fight. The. Fed.

Guy on CNBC just said he sees definite signs of full capitulation in the market--take it for what its worth.

Are you maybe being a bit optimistic? (serious question)
Maybe. If they can stem the tide here, we probably have a temporary floor at least. These ongoing repo operations are papering over some serious issues somewhere. It's taking more and more and more to plug the holes. I'm going to guess that we finish green today and then the news will be that it's the biggest turn-around ever in the history of the markets. And then we'll rally 10% before running out of steam. That's my guess. But I'm not that smart, so don't trade on it!

Trump doesn’t deserve blame for the virus. But he deserves all the blame for a halting U.S. reaction to it and the loss of confidence markets now reflect. Trump has minimized the impact of the virus, blamed the media and failed to explain why the government is so slow to ramp up testing. “Trump’s address to the nation was symptomatic of the lack of policy coordination,” Oxford Economics wrote in a note to clients. “Markets reacted negatively to what was perceived as a solemn but confused speech that... lacked in concrete fiscal and health measures to address economic and financial impact of the virus.”

Trump’s Europe travel ban was an immediate fiasco, promptly condemned by European leaders. Thousands of Americans in Europe panicked to get home before they got locked out. And Trump didn’t explain why he exempted Ireland and the U.K., leading to speculation that those two countries got special treatment because Trump owns golf courses there. Instead of a coherent travel policy coordinated among nations, Trump delivered a rash, standalone move that caught everybody off-guard.

I'm honestly shocked about that. I still would be pretty surprised if we don't see a run into the close at some point.

If we don't, I'm not sure if the Fed is going to be able to fix it this time. I honestly don't know. I hope we get a big rally in the next few minutes.

Back