• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Stock Market

I have closer to 5000, so now I'm immediately leery. lol
Buy some decent companies you know about that are just cheap right now before diving head first into the pennies. There are companies out there that are just low due to the pandemic. About a decade ago i used to play the world of sub pennies. Made some money but also lost a good bit. The owners of these companies will just randomly dilute the shares and all of the sudden your million shares will be worth zero and stay that way. Its essentially just gambling. Regular penny stocks are better but similar risks are out there.

Complete stock market newbie. Thinking of playing around with penny stocks though. Would you discourage someone from doing this? Also, what's a good secure site to use?

If you are a complete newbie, I would learn a strategy first and then do paper-trading for a while. So you are simulating what your strategy would do but not have any risk with real money. See how you do with it first and then once you feel comfortable, go for it. Penny stocks are highly volatile so as a newbie, they are the last thing I'd suggest.

Dipped my toe into CARV this morning after it was already running...let’s see how much money I can lose

“Another gamble I like is MDLY..released some PR today about how they are making cost cuts with “shareholder value in mind.” This has an extremely low float and can run at any time with just the smallest uptick in volume. If you’ve got a spare 500-1,000 sitting around it wouldn’t be a bad idea to let it ride. I bought 1,000 shares the other day just for the hell of it. Also presents a nice day trade from time to time. Check it out.”

Oh Jimmy! You tried! You tried!!

“Another gamble I like is MDLY..released some PR today about how they are making cost cuts with “shareholder value in mind.” This has an extremely low float and can run at any time with just the smallest uptick in volume. If you’ve got a spare 500-1,000 sitting around it wouldn’t be a bad idea to let it ride. I bought 1,000 shares the other day just for the hell of it. Also presents a nice day trade from time to time. Check it out.”

Oh Jimmy! You tried! You tried!!

Keep them coming!

So where are you getting your ideas from Jimmy?
I looked at a LOT of charts during the pandemic. Made 50 categorized watch lists. Studied float and watched the tickers. Always looked at what was deepest in the red at the end of every trading day and I feel that that really helped me understand how these low floaters can move in either direction very fast. Now I’m just working on having more patience now.

Appreciate that one have you sold? I sold half my position today. Now I need ALNA to do the same
Yeah I sold earlier. A bit premature but all
In all not bad. I missed the sell at 1.30’ish early in the morning because it kept getting halted and I couldn’t get out. Dipped to .82 and I almost sold but didn’t. I held til around 3:00 and got out around $1.15. Missed the run up above $1.40 unfortunately. All in all I think I did ok. Might continue to move tomorrow I’m not sure yet. Not a bad day. Moved my gains over to TTI and now I’m in way over my head lol

Appreciate that one have you sold? I sold half my position today. Now I need ALNA to do the same
Sorry about ALNA..I don’t totally blame myself because that 2,000 point red day killed all the momentum. I look kinda foolish on that call at the moment.

Sorry about ALNA..I don’t totally blame myself because that 2,000 point red day killed all the momentum. I look kinda foolish on that call at the moment.
I'm not stressing over it i will probably just hold for a bit, these have a way of coming around eventually. BRQS is another one I'm just hanging on to for now to see what it does eventually. Only takes one good day.

I'm holding onto ALNA. This stock will swing back into the $2 range at some point. Just need some good news, which will likely happen.

All my plays this week and last week have garnered me a 25% profit on my entire portfolio value. It's been mainly on the back of swings and pumps of Covid or Medical stocks. I went full covid-19 stocks. Last week I had been pushing BIOC for a week. Now it's up 80% since last week. VISL just popped. DXLG is also up. The state of California just mandated masks so all those medical mask makers are bouncing up today.

Today I'm looking at EMAN. Also PLM which I sold for a profit earlier in the week. Chart looks good, and I expect a bit of a move on mining. The price is right on TTNP.

Overall, the Covid plays are the way forward.

Back