• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Severe potential April 13th-15th Palm Sunday Weekend

Goodness
nam_2019041212_033_32.05--92.0.png

Long range HRRR has off the charts literally STP values over lousianna

Looks awful for Louisiana tomorrow. Wish we had some posters from there. I don't think they are used to having tornadoes there, either.

I don't think alabama is out of the risk on this system we won't have it as bad. But nws of bham like i was talking about yesterday they're unsure how much instability will be there. Ive always thought that models are under doing it a tad bit. Because they're a strong LLJ. And dew points are in the upper 60s. Screenshot_20190412-100132_Samsung Internet.jpg

Looks awful for Louisiana tomorrow. Wish we had some posters from there. I don't think they are used to having tornadoes there, either.

I'm obviously very new here, but the general vibe in arklatex is complacency with severe weather because, while we do get some nasty storms, we don't really see the worst mother nature has to offer. I remember a few years ago there was a high risk day setup similar to this system, and it (thankfully) did not turn out as dire as it seemed. I worry people won't take a PDS severe threat seriously around here. (Again I am very new here and am only just beginning to seriously look into learning a lot about severe weather but just thought I'd offer input from the area).

Little kink/dogleg in the line aswell, has a little axis of 200 ms2-s SRH, this radar ain’t the best so I can’t really tell if that’s rotation
C255508B-1906-40F2-8468-785D0D7C118E.jpeg55DFBBCD-E841-4C1E-9B2B-4B9BC8EEF75D.jpeg512378ED-3E30-42DA-BA96-35E146DDF30A.jpeg

Northwest Louisiana here. I know i'm keeping all my people alert about the potential for Saturday. Tornadoes are fairly common around here, but it's been a while since we've had a major tornado. 1999 comes to mind. F4 tornado left 7 dead as it tore through north Bossier and Benton. Had a weak one last year that ran though Shreveport/Bossier killing a small child.

I hear lots of chasers are coming down so that tells me it's going to be bad lol. Everybody hates chasing down here. If you're down here chasing, I-49 north of Shreveport is decent.. has some semi flat land and decent viewing, FWIW.

Northwest Louisiana here. I know i'm keeping all my people alert about the potential for Saturday. Tornadoes are fairly common around here, but it's been a while since we've had a major tornado. 1999 comes to mind. F4 tornado left 7 dead as it tore through north Bossier and Benton. Had a weak one last year that ran though Shreveport/Bossier killing a small child.

I hear lots of chasers are coming down so that tells me it's going to be bad lol. Everybody hates chasing down here. If you're down here chasing, I-49 north of Shreveport is decent.. has some semi flat land and decent viewing, FWIW.
Storm chasing is so dangerous in the south unfortunately. If anybody goes they better know how to navigate because potential exists for some wicked tornadoes.

Back