• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Severe potential April 13th-15th Palm Sunday Weekend

Enhanced skips Alabama doesn't look that bad now here I guess cause it's coming in the morning time

I'll be driving into the enhanced area Sunday. Taking the family to Pigeon Forge and Dollywood for a couple of days over Spring Break. Hope we get there before the storms start.

Wow, I didnt think it would be that far east.it skipped most of AL.
Doesnt appear to skip Alabama at all. The whole state is under a slight risk during the period which is all that is warranted attm.
Enhanced skips Alabama doesn't look that bad now here I guess cause it's coming in the morning time

Personally, I think there really isn't that much difference between marginal and slight, and between enhanced and moderate. I think it would be better if they just used slight, moderate, and high for the categories.

Personally, I think there really isn't that much difference between marginal and slight, and between enhanced and moderate. I think it would be better if they just used slight, moderate, and high for the categories.
I think enhanced and marginal were created as buffer categories so that way would prevent major busts. If they aren't sure if an area will have stronger or weaker storms, they will add either that fits in case a few severe storms become either very few to none or a larger group of them.

Not good! ... there will be no damming wedge in place to save us folks east of the mountains this time.
Lol there was no wedge with the last enhanced risk. Honestly, looking at this setup, it doesn’t look ideal for western NC. Very moist ground and rainy leading up to it will likely produce at least some clouds/fog to stint instability. I see a greater risk of some flooding.

Someone said we wouldn't be lacking instability now look we lack instability let me know when there's a real threat and to be concerned besides a guest of wind because we hardly get damaging wind either here

Lol there was no wedge with the last enhanced risk. Honestly, looking at this setup, it doesn’t look ideal for western NC. Very moist ground and rainy leading up to it will likely produce at least some clouds/fog to stint instability. I see a greater risk of some flooding.
This threat is definitely different than the last one .. would take it more serious given we’re getting enhanced on a day 3 and not a day 1

Sunday has my attention...

"80 to 100 kt south-southwest flow at mid levels...Primary storm mode is progged to be banded/loosely linear, with embedded/complex bows and rotating updrafts."

Lol there was no wedge with the last enhanced risk. Honestly, looking at this setup, it doesn’t look ideal for western NC. Very moist ground and rainy leading up to it
This time there’s much stronger wind energy, if storms don’t get torn apart, there will likely be some rotating storms

NAM is looking bad for Saturday. It's been doing that nonstop ever since it got into range.
NAMUS_con_stp_033.png

Back