• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern September Somnolence

06z is just comical at this point...

So maybe I was jumping the gun when I said no more 90’s. But at least we aren’t alone. 80’s in Boston in October. What a time to be alive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So maybe I was jumping the gun when I said no more 90’s. But at least we aren’t alone. 80’s in Boston in October. What a time to be alive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep low to mid 90s looking more likely to start october.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Well it looks like Raleigh will go the month of September without having a low below 60F, we haven't even been close. It won't be above normal forever.

The EPS doesn't look too bad, highs in the mid-70's and lows approaching low 60's.

Screen Shot 2018-09-24 at 11.25.24 AM.png

This goes into Oct but I'll wait for cyclogent to fire up that thread..... anyway I'm thankful for a couple of backdoor fronts to make this nightmare bearable (up here anyway, further south man I'm sorry!)

ecmwf_z500_mslp_us_11.png

It's crazy that the average low in my hometown (Carrollton, GA) is now 57. I don't think they've come anywhere close to that this month.

There MAY be a light at the end of the tunnel, albeit dim, but the gfs says late next week cooler weather. I just hope it's not just another carrot on a stick.

There MAY be a light at the end of the tunnel, albeit dim, but the gfs says late next week cooler weather. I just hope it's not just another carrot on a stick.
Sometimes that light at the end of the tunnel is a train

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Certainly am no Larry here ... ;)
... but went back and the September IMBY with the most record highs for the month was 1925, with all those daily records exceeding 95º (8 days at 95º or better IMBY so far this September); on 9/30/25 MBY had the record low for September ... 38º ... hopefully the point being ... something or other positive ... :confused:
... this was the winter that ensued ...

compday.2001-579-2424-31-7d06-600b-2a3b-6b1d.267.13.53.4.gif

compday.2001-579-2424-31-7d06-600b-2a3b-6b1d.267.14.0.48.gif

hope ...

Last edited:
Northwest GA got rocked yesterday and last night with heavy rain... it just kept developing and training. Unfortunately, only about .20" made it to me in Lithia Springs (where I am staying through Spring) and today has been cloudy most of the day. I see any hopes of cooler weather have pretty much been shoved back further and further again as well :-(

Looks like an apps cutter pattern...yay... just in time for winter :(
Yeah, west of the Apps gets 2-4” of rain, we barely get an inch through Sunday! Stalled fronts rock, and it’s suppo to get to 91 tomorrow! We are winning so hard !:(

Back