• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern September Somnolence

Ended up with 2.32. Tomorrow looks good for storms as well. Not exactly the best time to be piling up big totals

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I think you Carolina guys can stop with the rain dance for now.

Hopefully the hurricane won’t stall over you guys.

Ended up with 2.32. Tomorrow looks good for storms as well. Not exactly the best time to be piling up big totals

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
You need some rain?? I’ll give you six months worth between Thursday and Sunday!? How bow’ day?

I'm getting it good with this late night storm. I was watching it passively, not sure I'd get it but it ended up sinking down to me. Some of the loudest/longest thunder claps I've heard that aren't right on top of me and because this didn't move quickly, it seemed like we were hearing thunder for at least an hour and a half.

First really good rain in what feels like at least 3 weeks, and I got some pretty good rain early August.

Ended up losing power for a few moments with this storm. Was a little scary as it happened with a major thunder clap.

Last edited:
75??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

same basic thing today(78 at the airport)... clouds never cleared. Today I looked out about 3pm and it was foggy and rainy unexpectedly.

So strange lol

But I ain't complaining that's for sure

Stayed in the 70s here today as well... felt a *little better. Slowly but surely, the nights are getting longer, and that in and of itself will cool the temps.

This is ideal.
941f12bb7164db2acb6458d5390eabe3.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's the GFS. Go back and look at what is was predicting for this past weekend and this week two weeks ago

Gfs more progressive with first fall front.. Euro hangs the trough back in the west... more of the same. I guess the Euro is right again. Autumn is still a long ways off:
gfs_z500_mslp_us_43.png
ecmwf_z500_mslp_us_11.png

oh yeah.. lol Euro showing a land falling weak cane too on the mid Gulf coast.

I'm starting to wonder if fall is ever going to arrive in the south.... Almost every year the first good cold front comes between Sept 15 and 30 but I see no signs of fall air through Sept 27. I was hoping this hurricane would shake up the pattern and somehow bring some cooler air to the south. Anyone have a clue as to when cooler air will arrive ? This is starting to remind me of 2002 when it was like Oct 21st before it got cool.

Back