• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Scorchtember

Glenn Burns says 2 more weeks of Summer then we get a pattern change to something closer to avg. Its sad we need a pattern change just to get normal temps.

I'm not sure why he would say that, the models can't get things right within the 2 week time frame.

Have you ever experienced 98 in September where you live ?

You mean back in Detroit?

Not in September, although the year I left (2017), we had 3 days in a row of 90*F+ the first week of September with dewpoints in the 70s each day.

You mean back in Detroit?

Not in September, although the year I left (2017), we had 3 days in a row of 90*F+ the first week of September with dewpoints in the 70s each day.
I lived in Carrollton until 2016 and dont ever recall it being warmer than 95 in September.

I lived in Carrollton until 2016 and dont ever recall it being warmer than 95 in September.

I've lived in Georgia most of my life since 1987, and I can't ever remember a time where it was going to be mid 90s for weeks on end in September, not even close.

2016 was a hot September.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016 was a hot September.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even last September was a record warmest for ATL, if I'm not mistaken. Granted, we didn't have the days on end of mid/upper 90s that are forecasted this time.

It seems to be increasingly normal now for May and September to feature mid Summer-like temps.

Even last September was a record warmest for ATL, if I'm not mistaken. Granted, we didn't have the days on end of mid/upper 90s that are forecasted this time.

It seems to be increasingly normal now for May and September to feature mid Summer-like temps.

And we just blew the doors off the warmest May in record by almost 2 degrees. It’s the months on either side of the meteorological summer most affected it seems.

So I just looked, last September was the second warmest on record at 81F, the record was 84F in 1925. It would take a monumental cool down the last ten days of the month to not be somewhere in the top 3.

The ridge over the US looks pretty static at the moment. May end up having to have a typhoon alter the jet to dislodge it

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

So I just looked, last September was the second warmest on record at 81F, the record was 84F in 1925. It would take a monumental cool down the last ten days of the month to not be somewhere in the top 3.
It's hard to believe as hot as last September was, this one may end up every bit as hot. Wondering if it's going to be another year of widespread 90s well into October.

Summer doesn't end till last week of September. Ive found my wx/ patterns flip on the dime with the equinox calendar 4 times a year. Always warm and humid first half September. By the last day of the month, crab grass has gone kapoof and its low dps , indian summer wx. warm days in the sun, cool nights (mid 50's)

Back