• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Scorchtember

Patience, we have been on a streak of AN falls, the last BN fall I remember was in 2009. Maybe this is a new norm and we should just accept it. No coincidence that we are on a streak of AN winters.

View attachment 23636View attachment 23637
We certainly have seen a shift to a predominantly -pna/+nao look during the transition seasons and winter. Thankfully the ridge over AK can be oriented in certain ways that it can provide cold for us even in the the face of an otherwise meh background setup. I'm not sure if this just a multi year thing or a climate thing but chances are it'll flip at some point.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Yeah, I'd give 100 something like a 10% chance....so not out of the realm of possibilities. That would make it the latest 100 by 8 days going back to 1879!!
As it is, I think 98+ is about a 2 in 3 chance as of now. 99+ is maybe a 1 in 3 chance. I can't believe we're talking about temps like this on 9/17 in Atlanta!

1. KATL: 98 it is! 5th record high of the month!
2. MCN: 103, which is the hottest so late in the season by 9 days!

Yep, drought begets drought! The least amount of precip, is over the current driest spots!
Yep it’s so dry there’s even pop up showers currently from upstate Greenville to Charlotte.

Another day in the upper 90's here in NW GA. I have so many leaves falling but there is still so much green on the trees mixed in with a dead brown. At this rate there will be no leaves left for any nice fall color.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Ah yes the ol miss on both sides.
5875fce36e04a0c8131d9d3eaba34efb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Nice to get some outflow from Imelda today. Kept the airport high today to 93 instead of the projected 95. Also got in on some sprinkles. Hopefully Imelda can send some love this way tonight.

Couple days of hot humid then we cool somewhat with less humid. That's a win for me.

Man, it’s rippin fatties!???

Back