• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Scorchtember

As much as I want to ----- about all of the heat that is being forecasted, I can’t because I currently have 73 on the car thermometer #Blessed
Agreed! I'm convinced weather weenies like all of us are eternal pessimist... I've seen it before, some folks could be in the middle of a snowstorm and be complaining how it was going to torch with no more winter threats. Enjoy the moment my friends!

“Sep 18: A supercomputer failure at NCEP means 12Z NCEP models, including the GFS, are expected to be delayed”

Somebody hit the reset button guys! Hopefully that means we’re headed for glory on the 12z!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rainfall deficits across the SE are definitely getting serious (I know y'all don't need to see this map to know that Lol)

View attachment 23686

My future brother in law said there has been 100+ calls into the Forestry Dept about wildfires. He worked a 100 acre fire and there was a 500 acre fire around Mobile. Getting serious in central AL.

Agreed! I'm convinced weather weenies like all of us are eternal pessimist... I've seen it before, some folks could be in the middle of a snowstorm and be complaining how it was going to torch with no more winter threats. Enjoy the moment my friends!
Saves posts for mid 90s next week

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Saves posts for mid 90s next week

But at that time when temps are back in the mid 90's that's the time to complain Lol.... all I'm saying is don't let your disdain for what lies ahead steal your joy of the moment. (Hey that's pretty good right there)

Last edited:
But at that time when temps are back in the mid 90's that's the time to complain Lol.... all I'm saying is don't let your disdain for what lies ahead still your joy of the moment. (Hey that's pretty good right there)
Deep thoughts

From Maxar this morning:

"Summer continues in the Southeast, where numerous daily records have been broken of late. In Atlanta, daily records have been observed in five of the past eight days with highs in the mid-upper 90s, while record highs were observed in four of the past 10 days in Montgomery and three of the past six days in Macon. In fact, yesterday’s 103s in Montgomery and Macon were the hottest observed all summer. Heat relents after today across the region as high pressure arrives with easterly flow. However, another round of heat arrives next week. The 6-10 Day period features temperatures in the low 90s in Atlanta, Birmingham and Mobile, while mid-90s are forecast in Montgomery and Macon. The forecast is closest to the Euro EN but generally resides on the warm side of guidance. That said, there may still be hotter risk to the forecast given recent model performances in this pattern. Since the start of the month, max temperatures in Atlanta have averaged 5.0° warmer than the Euro EN and 9.5° warmer than the GFS EN in the 6-10 Day period, and the biases are significant in Birmingham (Euro EN by 2.2° and GFS EN by 6.9°), Montgomery (Euro EN by 3.7° and GFS EN by 7.0°), Macon (Euro EN by 4.4° and GFS EN by 9.3°) and Mobile (Euro EN by 4.2° and GFS EN by 6.4°) to name a few."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is not looking good for the SE: based on this ATL may easily get into the mid 90s for example!

It's 77*F and Mostly Cloudy in Lawrenceville vs. 91*F and Mostly Sunny in Newnan.

Deep thoughts

Jack Handy! 25 degrees cooler right now, than yesterday at this time and .36 inches of rain last night! Winning!

From Maxar this morning:

"Summer continues in the Southeast, where numerous daily records have been broken of late. In Atlanta, daily records have been observed in five of the past eight days with highs in the mid-upper 90s, while record highs were observed in four of the past 10 days in Montgomery and three of the past six days in Macon. In fact, yesterday’s 103s in Montgomery and Macon were the hottest observed all summer. Heat relents after today across the region as high pressure arrives with easterly flow. However, another round of heat arrives next week. The 6-10 Day period features temperatures in the low 90s in Atlanta, Birmingham and Mobile, while mid-90s are forecast in Montgomery and Macon. The forecast is closest to the Euro EN but generally resides on the warm side of guidance. That said, there may still be hotter risk to the forecast given recent model performances in this pattern. Since the start of the month, max temperatures in Atlanta have averaged 5.0° warmer than the Euro EN and 9.5° warmer than the GFS EN in the 6-10 Day period, and the biases are significant in Birmingham (Euro EN by 2.2° and GFS EN by 6.9°), Montgomery (Euro EN by 3.7° and GFS EN by 7.0°), Macon (Euro EN by 4.4° and GFS EN by 9.3°) and Mobile (Euro EN by 4.2° and GFS EN by 6.4°) to name a few."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is not looking good for the SE: based on this ATL may easily get into the mid 90s for example!

Further to the above, the raw 0Z Euro EN output has the following for highs at KATL during the 6-10 day period:

9/23: 89
9/24: 90
9/25: 90
9/26: 92
9/27: 90

This is a hotter run and could obviously be overdoing the heat, but for the not so fun of it, I'll take this raw output and add 5 F to negate the average KATL cool bias and come up with implied 0Z Euro EN KATL highs:

9/23: 94
9/24: 95
9/25: 95
9/26: 97
9/27: 95

And by the way, the raw output for 9/28-30 is still near 88, which would imply still low 90s for then. Not so fun times ahead!

Back