• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Scorchtember

Agreed! I'm convinced weather weenies like all of us are eternal pessimist... I've seen it before, some folks could be in the middle of a snowstorm and be complaining how it was going to torch with no more winter threats. Enjoy the moment my friends!
I'm actually a fairly optimistic person over most things. Weather is in no way shape of form one of them. This is the wrong area of the country to be a weenie. I'm only happy maybe one day out of the winter when snow actually falls for 3 or 4 hrs. And maybe 4 days in the summer when I actually get a storm. That leaves 360 days to be miserable for me. Sometimes I wish I was in the 95% of people who like clear, sunny warm weather and I'd be in weather heaven living here.

Ugly pattern in the western US/-PNA and that ugly ridge under Alaska, That’s some amazing blocking but it seems as if our luck can never be good, it’s either the pacific favorable for cool in the east but not the Atlantic, or Atlantic looks good but the pacific looks ugly
If we finally get blocking in winter to still be plagued by that ------- SER I may give up and plan on moving!

While we are ridging on the euro look what's going on in the north Atlantic.
85bf973ff090e1f046b73c109997a992.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Looks like last winter!

I'm actually a fairly optimistic person over most things. Weather is in no way shape of form one of them. This is the wrong area of the country to be a weenie. I'm only happy maybe one day out of the winter when snow actually falls for 3 or 4 hrs. And maybe 4 days in the summer when I actually get a storm. That leaves 360 days to be miserable for me. Sometimes I wish I was in the 95% of people who like clear, sunny warm weather and I'd be in weather heaven living here.
I feel like weather weenies are very much relative to one's location. For me in the deep south, I get really excited about even the possibility of seeing any frozen precip in winter, let alone accumulating! I even get excited for a cold rain in January (because that's a more realistic epectation and cozy indoor weather). I get excited about fall fronts, for those days when the DP's get down to the 40s and the temps stay below 80. So yes, I literally follow every model run these days for even a hint that the pattern will change to fall at some point in the next month or so. Here's to hoping for all of us optimistic weather weenies!

Ugly pattern in the western US/-PNA and that ugly ridge under Alaska, That’s some amazing blocking but it seems as if our luck can never be good, it’s either the pacific favorable for cool in the east but not the Atlantic, or Atlantic looks good but the pacific looks ugly
No doubt it's ugly and the -nao attempt is likely to be transient or a fail but it's nice to actually see something going on that could get us out of this consistent ridge pattern. I feel like we started hinting at this same look about this time last year and finally got the pattern change after a couple of strong midwest systems

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I feel like weather weenies are very much relative to one's location. For me in the deep south, I get really excited about even the possibility of seeing any frozen precip in winter, let alone accumulating! I even get excited for a cold rain in January (because that's a more realistic epectation and cozy indoor weather). I get excited about fall fronts, for those days when the DP's get down to the 40s and the temps stay below 80. So yes, I literally follow every model run these days for even a hint that the pattern will change to fall at some point in the next month or so. Here's to hoping for all of us optimistic weather weenies!
When I see snow start showing up on the maps I start feeling better :) I have 57 forecast for tomorrow night, but back in the 90's in a few days. I won't like the whiplash, but as long as there is snow on the map there is hope, lol. I know it can only get better from here. Might even find some rain down the line.

not at @SER? ... LOL ...
True that to, I’m really hoping this winter can be different, some snow or sleet would really be nice right now, shoot a cold rain would be nice, but the SER seems somewhat permanent lol

True that to, I’m really hoping this winter can be different, some snow or sleet would really be nice right now, shoot a cold rain would be nice, but the SER seems somewhat permanent lol
I'll make a point to turn all my electric fans SE, blast them on High, and rid us of that scoundrel ... in November when winds count ...

Might help if we all did it in concert, though ... :eek:

Last edited:
Back