• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Scorchtember

Yeah, the end of the 00z EURO is pretty tragic.

Whoever said we were done with the 95*F+ temps might have also jinxed everything.
The GFS isn't any better. Has above normal temps dominating the SE (and eastern seaboard) into the first days of October.
We need to really enjoy these next few days (..then it's back to heat).

We’ve often seen the ridge get beaten back so much of the south gets relief except GA and FL. At least we are suffering together. At the end of the GFS we are looking at overnight lows in the 70’s in NYC. That’s got to be a record for early October.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We’ve often seen the ridge get beaten back so much of the south gets relief except GA and FL. At least we are suffering together. At the end of the GFS we are looking at overnight lows in the 70’s in NYC. That’s got to be a record for early October.

Oh and I’m just gonna add this and maybe it gets removed but that whole sloshing bathtub theory is a load of crap. The bath water is hot...that’s all there is to it.

The GFS isn't any better. Has above normal temps dominating the SE (and eastern seaboard) into the first days of October.
We need to really enjoy these next few days (..then it's back to heat).

GFS is better in that it keeps the ridge flatter for longer.

Maybe but verbatim we are 90+ for 7 days with no rain. Oh and overnight lows in the mid to upper 70’s. More records to break.

The hot nights will really hurts. We're all used to warm days popping up all the way through October, but the nights are usually not bad.

Back