• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Hurricane Debby

Really? "Water boiling" "CAT 5" based on nothing.
Can’t be too far fetched if models were showing 970mb before it was declared an invest. May have a better idea tomorrow when hurricane models run. If it avoids Florida longer then I do see something stronger than CAT3. There is a window. 🪟 And yes the water is boiling. 🥵

Really the two big determining factors after it develops will be speed and strength. The 18z GFS stall off NC isn’t supported at all by the GEFS, but the other factors are. The GEFS is really showing all solutions. If it is stronger and faster, it’s gonna come across FL then likely OTS, if it is slower it would allow the ridge to build in and push it west or if it is weak it will be less likely to feel the weakness and move farther west.

1722560043043.gif

Can’t be too far fetched if models were showing 970mb before it was declared an invest. May have a better idea tomorrow when hurricane models run. If it avoids Florida longer then I do see something stronger than CAT3. There is a window. 🪟 And yes the water is boiling. 🥵
970mb is NOT a CAT 5 and the water is not 212 degrees F. How about you post something factual for once. Please don't trash this thread.

970mb is NOT a CAT 5 and the water is not 212 degrees F. How about you post something factual for once. Please don't trash this thread.
I dont think they are saying 970 is a cat 5, just that might be possible since some models were already showing a sub 970 pressure. Nothing this close to the coast will get that strong though

00ZGFS weak system into west Florida then keeps it offshore and OTS after it emerges into the ATL.

1722573092212.png

ICON is rough keeps it just offshore all the way from GA to NC where it landfalls as a weak cane....but hammers parts of the Carolinas with rainfall

1722573300818.png

1722573367656.png

Back