• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Possible Snow & Ice Threat Nov 14-15

Status
Not open for further replies.
73E602C2-604B-437E-A4A7-A7B29AEC601B.png I have a 5-40% chance, in my county alone! Going to be a nail biter...

Pretty beastly cold core low heading across the Arkla-miss region on the NAM. Is this unusual for November? I'd be jumping for joy if this were late December

Pretty beastly cold core low heading across the Arkla-miss region on the NAM. Is this unusual for November? I'd be jumping for joy if this were late December

If the track of the 5H low was suppressed to the south, say tracking through GA/FL panhandle area then this setup would deliver a nice winter storm for many. However since it's tracking a bit to the north the 850mb winds are bringing in some warm air at the upper levels and the CAD just isn't stout enough for anything other than ice. An unusual setup for November though.

GFS/CMC coming in colder on 12z for MS and now parts of central Alabama, Alabama may see little ice out of it.

Fv3 coming in colder as well

Last edited:
fv3p_asnow_eus_11.png

So, what's keeping this from happening? Because it is crazy for a model to show that much and there not be any frozen precip here.
IDK, I've always been told that upper lows cold core are hard to predict

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back