• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Poss severe threat late this week

Hrrr still showing cells ahead of the line really curious to wether a moderate will be issued for south alabamaScreenshot_20200110-193403_Samsung Internet.jpg

HRRR soundings for Huntsville at 2000z tomorrow show PDS tornado risk with a DP of 65 and an STP over 3.

stp.us_ov.png

Damn...Ominous maps. I have tickets to the Auburn/ UGA basketball game tomorrow. From there, we were gonna head to Birmingham to visit family, but at this point, we might have to do one or the other. More concerned about the intense gradient winds blowing out ahead of all this crap.

Damn...Ominous maps. I have tickets to the Auburn/ UGA basketball game tomorrow. From there, we were gonna head to Birmingham to visit family, but at this point, we might have to do one or the other. More concerned about the intense gradient winds blowing out ahead of all this crap.
How many tickets?

Interesting enough, the HRRR is by far showing the most instability, although it still is plagued by low lapse rates and low 3km Cape except in southern AL. However it adds another kink to the forecast problem, unidirectional winds from 900mb to 500mb which really hurts directional shear. Still has plenty of helicity for some tornadoes though due to the increase in wind speed with height. UH wise it's pretty much with the other CAMs showing spin ups in the QLCS.

uh25_max.us_se.png

Yep, although sometimes you can find STP on some sites or runs that isnt contaminated. I don't know why that isn't issue isn't fixed on the HRRR.
Thanks, a quick look at the RAP and HRW and NAM showed significantly less STP. Still looks good for severe weather, just not buck-wild.

I'll say this the HRRR and RAP are showing very solid STP all way thru AL into west GA. Now the HRW has STP hovering around 2s even in North of I-20 in GA and NAM and HRW have been moving toward the HRRR and RAP playing catch-up.

PS. HRRR maybe a little over amped but for this time of year anything that gets above a 2.0 on STP I'm impressed

RAP IS STILL SHOWING VERY IMPRESSIVE STPRAP.pngHRW.png

ALSO HWR SHOWING IMPRESSIVE UPDRAFTS AND SRH VALUES

UPDRAFT.png
SRH.png

Back