• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot on. We allow our elders and loved ones to be treated like prisoners and left to be alone and die alone. Makes me sick our govt. and health care system is ok with this.

Wait. You have been advocating reopening by protecting/isolating the vulnerable elderly.....now it makes you sick to isolate them......you cant make this stuff up.

Wait. You have been advocating reopening by protecting/isolating the vulnerable elderly.....now it makes you sick to isolate them......you cant make this stuff up.
Oh good grief. Yes I have advocated to open up and continue to say we should but I also did say to protect those that are high risk. To let those elders that are able to make the choice or their families make the choice if they want to see their children or grandchildren or parents. I also said to separate the side Of nursing homes or hospitals to accommodate those that do not from the ones that do. Stop and think about that post. Without family being able to check on their loved ones this is what is happening I’m sure much more than we know. No one is watching over the elders. Does anyone really trust to leave your loved ones in assisted living or nursing homes without seeing them and being able to check on them? Does it not bother you that several politicians removed their loved ones from their nursing homes before this virus really started? So shaggy are you saying you are ok with people or loved ones dying alone? You’re ok with no one checking on the ones they loved? So you would have no issue with someone you loved dying by themselves? That’s the problem with those that scream wear mask and stay home and people are dying. They have no solutions and only see cases and deaths about this virus. Like nothing else is happening. That outside the virus it’s utopia. Blinded they are.

Oh good grief. Yes I have advocated to open up and continue to say we should but I also did say to protect those that are high risk. To let those elders that are able to make the choice or their families make the choice if they want to see their children or grandchildren or parents. I also said to separate the side Of nursing homes or hospitals to accommodate those that do not from the ones that do. Stop and think about that post. Without family being able to check on their loved ones this is what is happening I’m sure much more than we know. No one is watching over the elders. Does anyone really trust to leave your loved ones in assisted living or nursing homes without seeing them and being able to check on them? Does it not bother you that several politicians removed their loved ones from their nursing homes before this virus really started? So shaggy are you saying you are ok with people or loved ones dying alone? You’re ok with no one checking on the ones they loved? So you would have no issue with someone you loved dying by themselves? That’s the problem with those that scream wear mask and stay home and people are dying. They have no solutions and only see cases and deaths about this virus. Like nothing else is happening. That outside the virus it’s utopia. Blinded they are.

Solutions? In what world does separating "sides" in nursing homes or hospitals even cross a mind as plausible?

There are no good scenarios in this. Theres not. There are going to be no winners just lots of losers. Balancing the losing it what matters. Save as many lives as possible and balance that with opening up as much as is safe in a calculated safe manner.

There is no good outcome to this virus.

Solutions? In what world does separating "sides" in nursing homes or hospitals even cross a mind as plausible?

There are no good scenarios in this. Theres not. There are going to be no winners just lots of losers. Balancing the losing it what matters. Save as many lives as possible and balance that with opening up as much as is safe in a calculated safe manner.

There is no good outcome to this virus.
I have said that and agree that we all lose but you did not answer my questions. It is plausible this solution. If they can build temporary hospitals then separate them to what I suggested. Those that chose to live and take the chance seeing loved ones to those that are wanting to be lonely and possibly die lonely. Same with schools. Those parents that don’t want their kids in school keep them home. Those parents that they and their kids want to go to school. Then let them. Same with stadiums. Those that want to go let them. Simple. Where there is a will there is a way. Also does your saving lives include those committing suicide from depression or homelessness or poverty? Or is it only ones from the virus that matter?

I have said that and agree that we all lose but you did not answer my questions. It is plausible this solution. If they can build temporary hospitals then separate them to what I suggested. Those that chose to live and take the chance seeing loved ones to those that are wanting to be lonely and possibly die lonely. Simple. Where there is a will there is a way. Also does your saving lives include those committing suicide from depression or homelessness or poverty? Or is it only ones from the virus that matter?

So build temporary hospitals and nursing homes for every facility to have 2 sides one for isolation and one for opening. You're talking about thousands of hospitals and nursing homes. It is not plausible period. It is not a workable solutuon.

I hope nobody feels the need to commit suicide but that is a voluntary and unnecessary decision. Of course those lives matter but simply reopening isnt going to save them. Without help those people will continue down a path until they find another reason.

So build temporary hospitals and nursing homes for every facility to have 2 sides one for isolation and one for opening. You're talking about thousands of hospitals and nursing homes. It is not plausible period. It is not a workable solutuon.

I hope nobody feels the need to commit suicide but that is a voluntary and unnecessary decision. Of course those lives matter but simply reopening isnt going to save them. Without help those people will continue down a path until they find another reason.
That's not true. If money is their problem, then going back to work will solve their problem and it will prevent that person from doing harm to themselves. You can't just say, "Oh well, they would have committed suicide anyway" That's ridiculous and you should be ashamed.

This is unrelated to political talk but I'm starting to kind of doubt we see baseball at all, and although some of the reason will be due to safety reasons, the true reason will be because they couldn't come to terms about the money, similar to 1994, which is going to tick off a lot of people all over again. I think baseball is 50/50 at best at this moment and if they do end up failing to come to terms, there is a non-zero chance that it bleeds over and continues to be an issue next year.

The good news is I'm not bearish about other sports at least at this moment. I can tell NASCAR's return has gone well, and it seems like there will be nothing stopping the PGA Tour returning in a couple weeks. The NHL is voting about continuing their season soon, the NBA's "we'll play at Disney idea" has been picking up steam, Major League Soccer is going to vote on having a midsummer tournament as their return, and as I have been posting recently, college football has some positive momentum.

This is unrelated to political talk but I'm starting to kind of doubt we see baseball at all, and although some of the reason will be due to safety reasons, the true reason will be because they couldn't come to terms about the money, similar to 1994, which is going to tick off a lot of people all over again. I think baseball is 50/50 at best at this moment and if they do end up failing to come to terms, there is a non-zero chance that it bleeds over and continues to be an issue next year.

The good news is I'm not bearish about other sports at least at this moment. I can tell NASCAR's return has gone well, and it seems like there will be nothing stopping the PGA Tour returning in a couple weeks. The NHL is voting about continuing their season soon, the NBA's "we'll play at Disney idea" has been picking up steam, Major League Soccer is going to vote on having a midsummer tournament as their return, and as I have been posting recently, college football has some positive momentum.
Baseball is spoiled rich brats. Never cared much for it. Especially the little cry baby saying he’s not risking his life for only 25% of 7 million. He’s a pitcher! 90 feet away from other players. His chance of dying is like .02%. He has more chance of a baseball hitting him than the virus. But that is his choice and I respect that. He just needs to stay home and not get much salary. Even though he’s already been paid over a million for not one game. They need to shorten season anyway. Bring on Soccer & Football please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back