• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I for one am really glad he got that off his chest this morning (sigh). What, with all the trillions in wealth evaporating over night and 100's of new Corona Virus cases piling up over the weekend. Glad we're getting Monday morning off to a good start for the American people.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

·
1h

The Obama/Biden Administration is the most corrupt Administration in the history of our Country!

Well, I for one am really glad he got that off his chest this morning (sigh). What, with all the trillions in wealth evaporating over night and 100's of new Corona Virus cases piling up over the weekend. Glad we're getting Monday morning off to a good start for the American people.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

·
1h

The Obama/Biden Administration is the most corrupt Administration in the history of our Country!
This helps...

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

·
7m

So much FAKE NEWS!
He's throwing a tantrum this morning seeing how the very thing he put so much energy into saying was all him is tumbling down. "It's the economy stupid" really is going to hurt him now.

I kind of would like to see Trump be challenged more in the coming months from the dem nominees. Then I and others would turnout for trump in November. It’s like there’s no contest currently.

You can paint the picture however you want, but it still doesn’t change the content. The death penalty is there and does not deter crime. It is outdated and not a deterrent.

https://scholarworks.lib.csusb.edu/... sided. The death penalty is not a deterrent.
That was not the topic of our debate. It was abortion remember....???

Oh the irony, Matt Gaetz a few days ago mocking coronavirus concerns....he is probably in the clear but still.....

ESSzGWcWsAUiYdM.jpg

Rep. Matt Gaetz is the latest member of Congress to go into self-quarantine after coming in contact with an individual at CPAC who has since tested positive for the coronavirus.

Why it matters: Gaetz was seen traveling with President Trump on Air Force One about an hour before his office announced that he would go into self-quarantine. Gaetz's office reports that he is not feeling symptoms, but has received testing and is expecting results soon.

So, @Yellow Snow, here's how you can play politics with the black swan. You can't beat Trump up for the virus. But he has gone out of his way to take credit for every rise in the stock market over the course of his presidency. Big mistake, and this situation perfectly illustrates why. He has contradicted himself several times on econ related issues. He set himself up for criticism, which is justified. It is a shame a black swan happened on his watch. But he owns the response to it as well as the messaging around it. He also owns the stock market response now that he has claimed ownership over it up to this point. He should not have done it. But he did. And now it's fair game.

So, @Yellow Snow, here's how you can play politics with the black swan. You can't beat Trump up for the virus. But he has gone out of his way to take credit for every rise in the stock market over the course of his presidency. Big mistake, and this situation perfectly illustrates why. He has contradicted himself several times on econ related issues. He set himself up for criticism, which is justified. It is a shame a black swan happened on his watch. But he owns the response to it as well as the messaging around it. He also owns the stock market response now that he has claimed ownership over it up to this point. He should not have done it. But he did. And now it's fair game.

Yep if your gonna take credit when its good you gonna get credit when its bad....I will disagree about the virus, the other day when Trump was at the CDC was just terrible, I cant understand how a single Trump supporter can look at that and think that was a good showing by Trump. The fact that even just 3 days ago there were less than 500 test kits in the entire state of NC is a huge failure on the governments part, it doesnt help when the Trump admin is downplaying the hell out of this.

Yep if your gonna take credit when its good you gonna get credit when its bad....I will disagree about the virus, the other day when Trump was at the CDC was just terrible, I cant understand how a single Trump supporter can look at that and think that was a good showing by Trump. The fact that even just 3 days ago there were less than 500 test kits in the entire state of NC is a huge failure on the governments part, it doesnt help when the Trump admin is downplaying the hell out of this.
I do support Trump but will agree. I think he and others are downplaying this virus way too much. Even ones on this board. Even if half the US elderly die from this virus. That’s 25 million! When is the possibility of loosing that many lives just a ho hum attitude and of its just like the Flu. WTFE.

Why do Trump and Pence keep emphasizing that limiting travel very early on has prevented the virus from being as bad as it could have been? I want to hear about the future and not them bragging about the past for political purposes. I'm so sick of Trump always bragging. Stop being so selfish and wasting time talking about the past.

Why do Trump and Pence keep emphasizing that limiting travel very early on has prevented the virus from being as bad as it could have been? I want to hear about the future and not them bragging about the past for political purposes. I'm so sick of Trump always bragging. Stop being so selfish and wasting time talking about the past.
Larry, This is not a political comment or reaction at all ... just a bit of side perspective, perhaps ... The past is an anchor ... it is certain ... sort of like statistics, historical data ... a place and thing of certainty ... I think the fear of the future in this instance, however well founded or grounded, is just being tempered to keep the emotions of the populous from going into sheer panic ... at least I hope so ... ?

I honestly think we're probably not going to know the true numbers of this virus in the United States with how it's being handled. I'm not afraid of it for me (I am for other family members though), but to me it looks like they're not ordering enough test kits purposely to try to keep the numbers from skyrocketing. There truly may be thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands of people that get the symptoms of coronavirus but it ends up going untested because they either were denied a test, or they are young, it's mild to them, and they don't check themselves into a doctor's office or hospital reporting the symptoms (and getting a negative flu test).

If it was to try to avoid panic, well, too late on that.

Wanting those people on the cruise ships to stay there is another way of trying to keep the numbers down.

Larry, This is not a political comment or reaction at all ... just a bit of side perspective, perhaps ... The past is an anchor ... it is certain ... sort of like statistics, historical data ... a place and thing of certainty ... I think the fear of the future in this instance, however well founded or grounded, is just being tempered to keep the emotions of the populous from going into sheer panic ... at least I hope so ... ?
That is exactly what is being touted. We really don't need a panic to overwhelm the nation. What good would it do?

Of course it was. It was a very specific part of it. If you do t support abortion you shouldn’t support the death penalty.
You are the only person I have ever met that thinks supporting the death penalty is the same as supporting abortion. Sorry, but despite your personal views and religious beliefs, your theory just doesn't hold water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back