• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Results, we are now surpassing Italy in case count and are the highest in the world. Can't think of better results from his "Fantastic job" he's doing right now. America first takes a whole new meaning here.
Well its not really the presidents fault if people dont heed the warnings to stay home right? I mean if he told you not to lick a pole and you did it anyway is that your fault or his? To compare the number if cases worh Italy is foolish. Of course we will have more positive cases, we have 300 million people living here and apparently many of them too stupid to utilize commin sense. You gonna blanerhat in Trump too? I am pretty satisfied with the results as are most people who are in charge of making decisions with peoples lives in all of this. Those of you with a personal disdain for the man isnt really if any concern to me. You folks aren't in charge of the well being of the country, Trump is.....when its all said and done we will see who was right and who was wrong

Although being President right now is not an easy task, you cannot just applaud his handling of the virus because you feel sympathetic for his stress. His handling of the virus was in no way ideal, and his action towards it was extremely delayed. While I will say his grasp of this pandemic has improved, it's not okay to pick and choose who you critique. If you're mad at N.C. for not issuing a stay at home order, be mad at the President as well.

Last edited:
The thing is it’s not like he doesn’t have the power to enforce a national lockdown. I’m not saying the Presidents job has been horrible, but he’s not allowing an ample amount of time for this to pass over.

Trump is even starting to downplay it again and calling out governors for things they are saying that are not "good" news....I mean seriously Trump needs to STFU and just do whatever he can to help the people on the ground dealing with this....remember just a month ago Trump was going around saying there was only 15 cases total and it would be zero soon and everything was going to be ok.....

"I have a feeling that a lot of the numbers that are being said in some areas are just bigger than they’re going to be," Trump said on "Hannity."

"I don’t believe you need 40,000 or 30,000 ventilators. You know, you go into major hospitals, sometimes they’ll have two ventilators. And now all of a sudden they're saying, 'can we order 30,000 ventilators?'"

"Look, it’s a bad situation," he added. "We haven’t seen anything like it. But the end result is we have to get back to work and I think we can start by opening up certain parts of the country."

The president compared purchasing a ventilator to purchasing a car, calling the machines "very expensive" and "very intricate."

"And you know they’d say, like Gov. Cuomo and others, they’d say we want 30,000 of them. Thirty thousand?" Trump said. "Think of this, you know you go to hospitals that have one in a hospital and now all of a sudden everyone’s asking for these vast numbers."

Although being President right now is not an easy task, you cannot just applaud his handling of the virus because you feel sympathetic for his stress. His handling of the virus was in no way ideal, and his action towards it was extremely delayed. While I will say his grasp of this pandemic has improved, it's not okay to pick and choose who you critique. If you're mad at N.C. for not issuing a stay at home order, be mad at the President as well.
Please by all means tell what the appropriate way to handle a global pandemic is in the early stages? Lets here it from a monday morning qb's stance. I heard hoards of people from the media to so called leaders in New York city telling people this was no big deal as the president was putting in travel restrictions (the same restrictions Dr Fauci admitted saved lives). I fondly remember Trump actually being blasted for it by the same people! Delayed? That is pure BS and tou know it. The fact is NOBODY was prepared for this in any way, shape or form because their is no way to be PERIOD! I did take a swipe at Cooper for being indecicive of which I actually admitted I was wrong for doing. I dont find being pissed at people in this position a wise thing which is why I dont participate in the constant bitching at Trump ritual. I have a lot more respect for leadership than most if you.

Please by all means tell what the appropriate way to handle a global pandemic is in the early stages? Lets here it from a monday morning qb's stance. I heard hoards of people from the media to so called leaders in New York city telling people this was no big deal as the president was putting in travel restrictions (the same restrictions Dr Fauci admitted saved lives). I fondly remember Trump actually being blasted for it by the same people! Delayed? That is pure BS and tou know it. The fact is NOBODY was prepared for this in any way, shape or form because their is no way to be PERIOD! I did take a swipe at Cooper for being indecicive of which I actually admitted I was wrong for doing. I dont find being pissed at people in this position a wise thing which is why I dont participate in the constant bitching at Trump ritual. I have a lot more respect for leadership than most if you.
You can't slap a band aid on after you see a water tank leaking and say all good. The travel restrictions helped but as it progressed we started to fall behind. Now we are at the stage where over 80k have three virus and there's no sign of it slowing down because we aren't doing enough as a whole to stop it. Trump saying we will be open by Easter is ignorant on his part. Most of his words have been lately. People make decisions based on his words. Not just citizens but officials such as governors. Look past the China restrictions early on. The virus is here and spreading fast with people carrying on with their lives because people like Trump downplay it.

For all of you who somehow still support this President, please try and defend the quotes in this fantastic video.

They cant and they wont…..they will blindly insist Trump handled it great, that Trump didn't downplay it and he did everything he could to protect us.....its all the media's fault that it ended up this way.

This is not the case, the entire spin that there was no way to prepare for this is just that SPIN.... there is and was in fact plans in place for stuff like this, Trump and his admin just ignored it all because it was started by Obama's admin.

The strategies are among hundreds of tactics and key policy decisions laid out in a 69-page National Security Council playbook on fighting pandemics, which POLITICO is detailing for the first time. Other recommendations include that the government move swiftly to fully detect potential outbreaks, secure supplemental funding and consider invoking the Defense Production Act — all steps in which the Trump administration lagged behind the timeline laid out in the playbook.

“Each section of this playbook includes specific questions that should be asked and decisions that should be made at multiple levels” within the national security apparatus, the playbook urges, repeatedly advising officials to question the numbers on viral spread, ensure appropriate diagnostic capacity and check on the U.S. stockpile of emergency resources

I'm sorry but I know you can't be that ignorant to truly believe Trump has done everything in his power to prevent the spread of the virus. He downplayed the virus for WEEKS. During this time, instead of downplaying the virus as it was making it's first areas of presence known in the United States, he could've restricted travel from China much earlier than he did. He worded his conferences and rallies as optimistic as possible in order to ensure that the stock market wasn't going to fall, which it inevitably did. He stated that it was going to "disappear". The fact is many countries were preparing and scientists knew the virus would spread outside of Wuhan, and Trump did too. I'm in no way bitching at Trump, but when we're up to 80,000 cases in the United States and STILL not under a nationwide lockdown, I'm not pleased with his "leadership"

He is trying to put a positive spin on a bad situation. I totally understand it. Same thing Obama did when he funded ISIS terrorists. Democrats are to blame. Next time don't try to distract the President with BS impeachment charges that are false. It kind of distracts the commander and chief of the country when he has to fight his own country men during war against a virus. I blame you for the situation the country currently faces, because you facilitated the Democrat distraction.

I unfortunately work at 7 in the morning, however I’d love to pick up the impeachment argument again tomorrow. Good night everyone, stay safe!

I mean seriously. The Democrats charged the President with obstruction of congress, which isn't even a real thing. They made it up just like everything they did to the guy. I've been an attorney for 5 years and I've never heard of this nonsense charge. The proper charge is contempt of congress. They had to make up charges cause they didn't have anything against the dude. What the hell is going? Are Democrats really this stupid? Remember when they tried to claim the President colluded with Russians? Collusion is not a real charge criminal law? It's called conspiracy, but they couldn't prove the elements to that crime so they made collusion up. It's insane. Then they said Trump was an anti-semite even though his daughter converted to Judaism just to sure up the Jewish vote. His son in-law is Jared Kushner - a jew. I'm a Jew. I've known the Kushners in my community since I was a fetus. The Democrats have really gone insane. I'm sorry They must lose. If we were talking Bernie Sanders, then my opinion would be different, but it's Biden. Biden has dementia, and he's clearly corrupt. In fact, I know of case through the grape vines in which one of Biden families' companies was involved in medicare fraud. F anyone that votes for the guy. I said no Jeb Bush cause his brother was a war criminal. Biden is an actual war criminal. Seriously, F anyone that votes for the guy, especially in the primary. I didn't in the FL primary.

He is trying to put a positive spin on a bad situation. I totally understand it. Same thing Obama did when he funded ISIS terrorists. Democrats are to blame. Next time don't try to distract the President with BS impeachment charges that are false. It kind of distracts the commander and chief of the country when he has to fight his own country men during war against a virus. I blame you for the situation the country currently faces, because you facilitated the Democrat distraction.
What about the charges were false? The president admitted he did it, but he and others asserted it wasn't impeachable.
The responsibility you and your fellows bear for saddling the nation and the world with that travesty is inescapable. Our children will rightly damn us for allowing many of his policies and decisions to be put in place. This pandemic is only the latest event to expose his utter incompetence and contempt for his fellow man. And so many of his supporters would seek to be just like him...

Show me where obstruction of congress is a real charge for the President? Show me in the 300 years of this country that the crime actually exist. Please. I went to law school and never learned about it. We got a constitutional attorney in our office that's never heard about it in 40 years of practice. Show me where it is? I'll save you trouble. It's fabricated. The Democrats lied to you.

I mean seriously. The Democrats charged the President with obstruction of congress, which isn't even a real thing. They made it up just like everything they did to the guy. I've been an attorney for 5 years and I've never heard of this nonsense charge. The proper charge is contempt of congress. They had to make up charges cause they didn't have anything against the dude. What the hell is going? Are Democrats really this stupid? Remember when they tried to claim the President colluded with Russians? Collusion is not a real charge criminal law? It's called conspiracy, but they couldn't prove the elements to that crime so they made collusion up. It's insane. Then they said Trump was an anti-semite even though his daughter converted to Judaism just to sure up the Jewish vote. His son in-law is Jared Kushner - a jew. I'm a Jew. I've known the Kushners in my community since I was a fetus. The Democrats have really gone insane. I'm sorry They must lose. If we were talking Bernie Sanders, then my opinion would be different, but it's Biden. Biden has dementia, and he's clearly corrupt. In fact, I know of case through the grape vines in which one of Biden families' companies was involved in medicare fraud. F anyone that votes for the guy. I said no Jeb Bush cause his brother was a war criminal. Biden is an actual war criminal. Seriously, F anyone that votes for the guy, especially in the primary. I didn't in the FL primary.
So, you're a passionate Trump supporter who believes Bernie Sanders would be more amicable than Joe Biden. Is this correct?

Also, Dubya was a 'war criminal'?

I feel like this is pure Chaos. Chaotic Neutral. Madness. I don't know whether to be intrigued or scared.

Last edited:
Trump literally said one month ago:

2/26/20:

“When you have 15 people and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to ZERO...uh...that’s a pretty good job...”.

Don’t ever forget that he said this, folks. How can he possibly be defended for saying this unless one is either biased or ignorant? How can he praised for doing well with this and other quotes hanging over him like an albatross? The amount of misinformation he has communicated is ridiculous.

Also, Trump told this bold faced lie yesterday: “This was something that nobody has ever thought could happen to this country.”

This is FALSE! In fact, Obama literally left behind a pandemic “playbook” with recommendations on how to handle a pandemic OMG.

I’m probably wasting my time in trying to convince even one Trump supporter.

I'm sorry but I know you can't be that ignorant to truly believe Trump has done everything in his power to prevent the spread of the virus. He downplayed the virus for WEEKS. During this time, instead of downplaying the virus as it was making it's first areas of presence known in the United States, he could've restricted travel from China much earlier than he did. He worded his conferences and rallies as optimistic as possible in order to ensure that the stock market wasn't going to fall, which it inevitably did. He stated that it was going to "disappear". The fact is many countries were preparing and scientists knew the virus would spread outside of Wuhan, and Trump did too. I'm in no way bitching at Trump, but when we're up to 80,000 cases in the United States and STILL not under a nationwide lockdown, I'm not pleased with his "leadership"
You keep worrying over February chief and I will worry about today and tomorrow. I have explained on here numerous times that a nationwide lockdown is virtually useless. How are you going to enforce such a thing nationwide? You gonna put a cop on every corner? The military isn't getting involved with this I can promise you. If you want to be less than pleased with someone, be less than pleased with your fellow neighbors who despite being told EVERY SINGLE DAY TO STAY THE HELL AT HOME if they don't have to be out. Could Trump have done more? Sure. So could China, South Korea, Italy, Germany, Spain, do I need to go on? That is just a ridiculous way of looking at this. Its extremely easy to point a finger of displeasure at someone in a leadership role when you are "probably" displeased with them to begin with and I'm sure that's probably the case here right?

You keep worrying over February chief and I will worry about today and tomorrow. I have explained on here numerous times that a nationwide lockdown is virtually useless. How are you going to enforce such a thing nationwide? You gonna put a cop on every corner? The military isn't getting involved with this I can promise you. If you want to be less than pleased with someone, be less than pleased with your fellow neighbors who despite being told EVERY SINGLE DAY TO STAY THE HELL AT HOME if they don't have to be out. Could Trump have done more? Sure. So could China, South Korea, Italy, Germany, Spain, do I need to go on? That is just a ridiculous way of looking at this. Its extremely easy to point a finger of displeasure at someone in a leadership role when you are "probably" displeased with them to begin with and I'm sure that's probably the case here right?

Its not that Trump could have done more, its that he downplayed it so much...even when internally they knew it was probably going to get really bad.....anyone that watches the video above will plainly see Trump was doing everything he could to marginalize this, right up till the end when all of a sudden he was all " of course its a pandemic I have been saying that all along" which that video shows to not be the case.

Trump literally said one month ago:

2/26/20:

“When you have 15 people and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to ZERO...uh...that’s a pretty good job...”.

Don’t ever forget that he said this, folks. How can he possibly be defended for saying this unless one is either biased or ignorant? How can he praised for doing well with this and other quotes hanging over him like an albatross? The amount of misinformation he has communicated is ridiculous.

Also, Trump told this bold faced lie yesterday: “This was something that nobody has ever thought could happen to this country.”

This is FALSE! In fact, Obama literally left behind a pandemic “playbook” with recommendations on how to handle a pandemic OMG.

I’m probably wasting my time in trying to convince even one Trump supporter.

That's the original 15 people taken in from Japan the he was referring to. His response is that would be better in 15 days. That's not exactly misinformation man. Pretty nit picky if you ask me

Did he leave one behind for the rest of the world to follow too? yeah that's what I thought. Apparently he didn't leave behind enough equipment to handle such a pandemic with the rule book.

Find something with a little more substance or YES you are pretty much wasting all of us "ignorant" people's time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back