• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
**I decided to move this here:

None of this surprises me.

"Dr. Anthony Fauci and Gov. Andrew Cuomo are the most trusted leaders in America on the coronavirus right now. Trump is not."

"Fauci has consistently been one of the most public-facing and trusted voices on the coronavirus crisis — often appearing at odds with the White House's more optimistic messaging in the process.

But Fauci's blunt explanation of the strict scientific facts, calm but no-nonsense demeanor, and subtle sense of humor both in White House briefings and in congressional hearings have garnered him rave reviews from the public and made him a household name."

"Fauci and Cuomo received the highest marks, and President Donald Trump and Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin got the lowest:"
  • Respondents gave Fauci an average score of 3.84 out of 5 for trustworthiness. He received a top score of 5 from 40% of respondents, which is nearly double what the next highest-rated person got, and 86% gave him a 3 or higher, which is vastly higher than anyone else.
  • Cuomo received an average score of 3.29 out of 5. Three-quarters of respondents gave Cuomo a score of 3 or higher, and 22% gave him 5 out of 5."

"Global-health Ambassador Deborah Birx, the response coordinator of the coronavirus task force, got a score of 3.14 out of 5. About three in four respondents gave Birx a score of three or higher."

• President Donald Trump scored 2.56 out of 5 on average. Forty-four percent of respondents rated Trump a 1 out of 5, compared with 20% who rated him a 5 out of 5. The largest group of people — 55% — rated Trump as a 1 or 2.
  • Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin got the lowest score out of the 10 officials, with a rating of 2.52 out of 5 on average.

Since it's nearly impossible for anyone to disagree with Trump or his handling on Covid-19, I have to ask: What is it about Trump that makes him so great? Why do people feel the need to constantly defend him, even if he is wrong? And I am not referring to news sources. I am simply referring to fact-checkers. The guy can't give a speech during a national crisis, without peppering insults to media outlets, other politicians, or even his own staff. Shouldn't we all be working together? If the leader of the free world can't unite us than we aren't setting ourselves up for failure? This is the man that said he could, "stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody" and not lose any votes. This virus isn't a farce, it's not "fake news" it's a grim reality that can't be diminished simply by shunning reporters. It needs to be addressed in a professional. I love America and want all of us to flourish. I don't want to lose friends because I happen to have a different opinion, I just want solidarity amongst America and the rest of the world. We can't battle this alone.

Everybody talks about wanting to be tested and how there's not enough tests for the virus. In my opinion that's what happens when tests are free.. it ends up being rationed for the worst cases.. that is exactly how government-run Healthcare would be to all liberals that are in favor. This is a prime example of what would happen in Healthcare.

Since it's nearly impossible for anyone to disagree with Trump or his handling on Covid-19, I have to ask: What is it about Trump that makes him so great? Why do people feel the need to constantly defend him, even if he is wrong? And I am not referring to news sources. I am simply referring to fact-checkers. The guy can't give a speech during a national crisis, without peppering insults to media outlets, other politicians, or even his own staff. Shouldn't we all be working together? If the leader of the free world can't unite us than we aren't setting ourselves up for failure? This is the man that said he could, "stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody" and not lose any votes. This virus isn't a farce, it's not "fake news" it's a grim reality that can't be diminished simply by shunning reporters. It needs to be addressed in a professional. I love America and want all of us to flourish. I don't want to lose friends because I happen to have a different opinion, I just want solidarity amongst America and the rest of the world. We can't battle this alone.
RESULTS......Its really that simple

Everybody talks about wanting to be tested and how there's not enough tests for the virus. In my opinion that's what happens when tests are free.. it ends up being rationed for the worst cases.. that is exactly how government-run Healthcare would be to all liberals that are in favor. This is a prime example of what would happen in Healthcare.

I think it’s simple. There aren’t enough tests because we don’t have enough tests. They could cost a thousand bucks each and there still wouldn’t be enough. I don’t see this as a result of single payer healthcare because we aren’t a single payer healthcare country and you can’t just make 330 million tests in no time. You need reagents and a way to mass produce. The infrastructure and reagents just aren’t in our possession.

I think it’s simple. There aren’t enough tests because we don’t have enough tests. They could cost a thousand bucks each and there still wouldn’t be enough. I don’t see this as a result of single payer healthcare because we aren’t a single payer healthcare country and you can’t just make 330 million tests in no time. You need reagents and a way to mass produce. The infrastructure and reagents just aren’t in our possession.
I wasn't saying it was a result of a single-payer system.. I was saying this is an example of how it would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back