• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my new neighborhood, this one neighbor's medium sized male dog is almost ALWAYS loose outside during the day and sometimes walks into the street (probably because it is on a cul-de-sac). He often even visits my property while usually marking territory, etc. I haven't seen him poop on my lawn yet. The dog is very chill, not intimidating. pettable, doesn't jump on me, etc., even though he'll sometimes bark at me a little when he sees me from his property. Other longtime neighbors appear 100% fine with this and even give him attention.

I'm wondering how to handle this. I'll probably lay low (I don't like to interact too much with neighbors if I can avoid it) as long as he doesn't start pooping on my lawn and become more of a nuisance. After all, I don't want to be deemed a jerk. But is it strange that this dog is almost always outside (at least during the day)? If I had one, I wouldn't keep it loose. I do worry a little that a vehicle could accidentally hit him, but the owner is obviously not concerned.

What would you folks do in this situation? Lay low?
Lay low, Larry; and if it is a male, by all means don't go buy a female as a pet for yourself, unless she's spayed ... or you'll have a much more frequent visitor ... :eek:

In my new neighborhood, this one neighbor's medium sized male dog is almost ALWAYS loose outside during the day and sometimes walks into the street (probably because it is on a cul-de-sac). He often even visits my property while usually marking territory, etc. I haven't seen him poop on my lawn yet. The dog is very chill, not intimidating. pettable, doesn't jump on me, etc., even though he'll sometimes bark at me a little when he sees me from his property. Other longtime neighbors appear 100% fine with this and even give him attention.

I'm wondering how to handle this. I'll probably lay low (I don't like to interact too much with neighbors if I can avoid it) as long as he doesn't start pooping on my lawn and become more of a nuisance. After all, I don't want to be deemed a jerk. But is it strange that this dog is almost always outside (at least during the day)? If I had one, I wouldn't keep it loose. I do worry a little that a vehicle could accidentally hit him, but the owner is obviously not concerned.

Report it to animal control, animals should be contained and not roaming.Leash laws?

Again.......Why do you care about his past relationships? In no way, shape or form does it affect you other than tugging at your emotions and feelings. As for his accomplishments it's real easy to cherry pick. Healthcare is a bastard child that is going to take a bipartisan solution so good luck with that. Immigration reform? Sorry but he has put that as Priority #1 but it can't be fixed without somebody willing to take a hardline stance and that's just a fact (of course that's racist somehow). You know of anybody that is a harder negotiator than Trump? Nope you sure don't. I have seen a nice tax cut...... Could it be more sure but the alternative in 2020 is me paying more (No thanks). Now the debt......Yeah that isn't going anywhere as long as you have people in congress writing and arguing over the bills that have been there for 30+ years. Trump can't really control that end of it but if we are going to spend money lets at least get something in return. I am career military so I am a little biased towards military spending but the fat could be cut across the board to ease "wasteful spending". Again, The President doesn't write the bills and if he shuts the Government down guess who gets blamed by the media?

You seem to think Trump is to blame for us losing the House and you are certainly entitled to that opinion. History is mostly unkind at midterms to the party in power. In "my opinion" Trump is the reason it wasn't worse than it was.

What you really need to be thankful for is that Trump has put 2 VERY SOLID judges on the SCOTUS and when he is re-elected next year he will very likely place 1 more if not 2 more in his final term. That is HUGE because the way the partisan politics is going, the high court is going to come more into play than ever in the next decade and beyond. If you are conservative as you claim to be, you best put your emotions aside, hold your nose and choose wisely

Trumps past certainly reflects on him today, his character ( low) and how he treated people (poorly) is certainly relevant to how he will be as a leader.....

Any Republican would have put two conservative judges on the SCOTUS, that's the part I don't get the GOP has tons of solid people to run and the GOP picked Trump who is a babbling idiot, no one can tell me otherwise, there are tons of people who have left the WH that state he is a loon, he doesn't listen to advisors, they have to hide stuff from him so he wont tweet some major policy change that adversely affects the US while sitting on the shitter at 4am.....the guy has ZERO business being president of the USA I don't care how much he helps my wallet, he is unfit to be president.

Lay low. Nothing is perfect in the world and that is a small nuisance. Be happy that you have a nice neighborhood.

Ok. I was only talking about things that can be found on qanon Pub . Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Q started off on 4chan and made post beginning in late Oct 2017 I think, at the time "he" was just another poster, however it really was a team of 3-4 guys and the they spammed accts and "Q" post and slowly a following developed and it kind of took off from there......there is a reason why a lot of the easrly first post are ignored or not linked in since most of the stuff was wrong lol.

Yes - there is 24/7, 365 open season on them down here - they carry leprosy, and and TB has been reported believe it or not ...
Never had that issue when I lived down there, here they kill the very beneficial opossum ?

We have a person that lives up against our neighborhood but not in it. She has 2 dogs that when out will charge across yards until they get 10 feet away then they stop and pull up and bark. One day as my 3 yr old hid u der my legs screaming the owner ca.e over to get them. She was all chipper " hey sorry they wont hurt anyone". I stopped her and said they were doing plenty of damage to my son and that they dont have bite to hurt my kids perception of dogs.

I told her to keep the dogs penned up or the law would be called. I've seen them out but they havent come over. I believe she finally got an underground fence for them.

Actually I can usually count the animals I kill each year on one hand, not counting squirrels I run over(their fault) chickens I butcher, or the countless souls of wasps.
No need to kill squirrels either, have cats that keep them away. Cats do not roam and are fixed.

Trumps past certainly reflects on him today, his character ( low) and how he treated people (poorly) is certainly relevant to how he will be as a leader.....

Any Republican would have put two conservative judges on the SCOTUS, that's the part I don't get the GOP has tons of solid people to run and the GOP picked Trump who is a babbling idiot, no one can tell me otherwise, there are tons of people who have left the WH that state he is a loon, he doesn't listen to advisors, they have to hide stuff from him so he wont tweet some major policy change that adversely affects the US while sitting on the shitter at 4am.....the guy has ZERO business being president of the USA I don't care how much he helps my wallet, he is unfit to be president.

Sure they could have picked other people. They could have picked somebody other than McCain and maybe we dont suffer through 8 years of Obama. Maybe they pick somebody other than Romney and its only 4 years of Obama. They could have picked Cruz 3 years among others. The majority of those adversaries from the 2016 primaries have gotten behind Trump's policy as a whole. Hell even Glenn Beck admits his positive impact on policy. Thats because his policy is working, he is a fighter and and his is throwing a wrench in the status quo. You wont admit it, you cant admit it but you are gonna have to deal with it until 2024.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back