• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did this figure come from?
I will find the article. I posted a week or two ago. It said at that time 29% would be broke within month. Then 3 months would be 160 million broke. So let me correct that. The 160 million is end of June. The 29% is 2 weeks.

Well I will sign a waiver yes. As for giving it to you. I would not be around you since you have that fear but on the flip side. You work and sale medical supplies. So if you get it and pass it on to those who bought your product. Does it work the same? Sue you? See that is part of this fear has brought forth. Lawsuits. It’s ridiculous.

Nobody is getting sued for Christ's sakes

I will find the article. I posted a week or two ago. It said at that time 29% would be broke within month. Then 3 months would be 160 million broke. So let me correct that. The 160 million is end of June. The 29% is 2 weeks.
So you are changing the numbers to suit your argument kinda like the media you complain about. If everything is closed for two more months 160 million people might be broke. That's not close to what you said, you said they would be in two weeks. Who is pushing fear and panic now?

So you are changing the numbers to suit your argument kinda like the media you complain about. If everything is closed for two more months 160 million people might be broke. That's not close to what you said, you said they would be in two weeks. Who is pushing fear and panic now?
See the articles. I am not just making it up. 29% broke in a month.

@Shaggy here is where the sun don’t shine

Heres the entire problem with this premise that has you so scared. First off that's a misleading story because thats what people CLAIM while also trying to sellthe need for more govt money. Ots believable though I'm sure if me and my wife both had no income for 3 months we would be close to broke as well.

Now heres the 2nd and most glaring omission.......these people can and will be getting unemployment so they will have an income just not from their employer. This entire premise is only believable if they were A) laid off without pay B) denied unemployment benefits.

Heres the entire problem with this premise that has you so scared. First off that's a misleading story because thats what people CLAIM while also trying to sellthe need for more govt money. Ots believable though I'm sure if me and my wife both had no income for 3 months we would be close to broke as well.

Now heres the 2nd and most glaring omission.......these people can and will be getting unemployment so they will have an income just not from their employer. This entire premise is only believable if they were A) laid off without pay B) denied unemployment benefits.
I agree but unemployment can not last 18 months for these millions. There is not enough money in govt to be printed to pay these amounts for 18 months. Eventually the system breaks.

I agree but unemployment can not last 18 months for these millions. There is not enough money in govt to be printed to pay these amounts for 18 months. Eventually the system breaks.
No but the theory is use the unemployment now until the economy picks back up right? If we go 18 months without new jobs opening up we are likely in deep ---- with something else going on

In my mind they over reached a bit on what they closed down. My "fear" is that they will treat any inevitable spikes in the same fashion. In my opinion the media has already scared the living hell out of everybody so people will return to their "normalcy" in fear. I fully believe that is completely by design......
I agree the media has an effect on people and even politicians. What I disagree with is how much the media affected how much we shutdown. I have a feeling you and I disagree on that quite strongly, so I hesitate to open up that can of worms, and to save everyone the trouble of having to read thru our posts. ?

As for the inevitable 2nd wave. I think (hope?) we will not treat it in the same fashion. Each state is opening up at different times, with various restrictions in place. The 2nd wave will likely effect places at different times. This gives the opportunity for us to look at data and see what worked and what didn't. We may be able to contain it with less restrictions than before. In fact, if we really overreached a bit on what we closed down, we should be able to see that with data pretty soon.

No but the theory is use the unemployment now until the economy picks back up right? If we go 18 months without new jobs opening up we are likely in deep poop with something else going on
True. It’s expected 10% jobless will continue thru next year. Hopefully a second wave does not hit and make it worse. We hopefully are getting passed this.

True. It’s expected 10% jobless will continue thru next year. Hopefully a second wave does not hit and make it worse. We hopefully are getting passed this.
Agreed. Not going to lie I am concerned about my employment with our work from home program going so well I hope that doesn't leak into well maybe we don't need as many employees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back