• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think this is true. You can be a good person without fearing a god or acting in anticipation of some reward in the afterlife. It's called "humanism."
Religion needs no god to exist.

The very definition of religion is the belief in a god or some higher power. If something else is driving whatever it is you believe in, call it what it is.

Religion is the system to come to God that man formulates. So regardless of its actual ability to help individuals come to an understanding of God, man will still come up with something that validates what he does and gives him meaning. Plenty of religious people simply throw God on top like a stamp of approval. But one can have faith in God without being affiliated with a specific hierarchal religious organization, if that makes sense.

Edit: My, how we've morphed into the religious thread in here!

There has been a second whistleblower who has come forward and given a statement, this person is said to have direct first hand knowledge of the Ukrainian call and situation and plans to go before the inquiry.

At this point I suspect there is little chance that the House does not approve impeachment proceedings. The real question is will there be enough pressure from public support etc to push enough GOP senators into the yes side of impeachment. At some point the GOP has to ask themselves do we really want 4 more years of this mess which is what we get if they run Trump, and he somehow pulls off a win.

Fake News will run the whistleblower thing 24/7 this week. Yawn. Once the dust settles on this whole Ukrainian thing they'll find something else. Yawn. In the end President Trump wins Bigly in November!! of course this is just IMHO.

Fake News will run the whistleblower thing 24/7 this week. Yawn. Once the dust settles on this whole Ukrainian thing they'll find something else. Yawn. In the end President Trump wins Bigly in November!! of course this is just IMHO.
I agree. There's nothing to see here .... move along to the next hoax. Wait, this is strike 3 for the democrats. Isn't there a rule that states you only get three strikes?

I agree. There's nothing to see here .... move along to the next hoax. Wait, this is strike 3 for the democrats. Isn't there a rule that states you only get three strikes?
No, not until they also get 4 balls, and an infield pop ...
Somebody's paying the ump ... :cool:

Last edited:
Today our president said of himself, “In my great and unmatched wisdom.” What kind of person speaks of himself this way?

Nebuchadnezzar? Caesar? I mean this is pretty close to a claim of deity, seriously.

Today our president said of himself, “In my great and unmatched wisdom.” What kind of person speaks of himself this way?

Nebuchadnezzar? Caesar? I mean this is pretty close to a claim of deity, seriously.
He used to be so humble. What a shame.

I had to read that twice to make sure it wasn't @realdenaldtrump

I had to read that twice to make sure it wasn't @realdenaldtrump

Dude is off his rocker, already Turkish forces are stepping up attacks on the Kurds....you know Trump done went to far when Pat Roberson rips him a new one on TV........

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...trump-decision-to-draw-back-troops-from-Syria

“The president who allowed Khashoggi to be cut in pieces without any repercussions whatsoever is now allowing the Christians and the Kurds to be massacred by the Turks,” Robertson said. “And I believe — and I want to say this with great solemnity — the president of the United States is in danger of losing the mandate of heaven if he permits this to happen.”

Dude is off his rocker, already Turkish forces are stepping up attacks on the Kurds....you know Trump done went to far when Pat Roberson rips him a new one on TV........

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...trump-decision-to-draw-back-troops-from-Syria

“The president who allowed Khashoggi to be cut in pieces without any repercussions whatsoever is now allowing the Christians and the Kurds to be massacred by the Turks,” Robertson said. “And I believe — and I want to say this with great solemnity — the president of the United States is in danger of losing the mandate of heaven if he permits this to happen.”
Lindsey Graham wasn't very happy about it either.

Thinks he is an emperor.

Lindsey Graham wasn't very happy about it either.

No one is. Trump screwed up again...or as usual....not sure which applies more here.....at some point the GOP needs to step up and say, " hey look we backed the wrong horse here, we need to do something to correct this before it's too late"....and its damn near too late.

Totally agree. Our Constitution was not prepared for a president with no consideration outside himself.

Edited to add: If you think our president is moral or religious I have some steaks, a fake education and several infidelities to sell you.
I don't vote for a President to be my moral or religious leader. I vote for a President based on how I think they will run the country. The fact that Trump gets under the skin of the other side is just a bonus !

No one is. Trump screwed up again...or as usual....not sure which applies more here.....at some point the GOP needs to step up and say, " hey look we backed the wrong horse here, we need to do something to correct this before it's too late"....and its damn near too late.

A John Kasich and N Haley ticket is looking awfully appealing right now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back