• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have that strong an opinion on them being banned per-se but guns aren't toys to me even when I do get a chance to shoot for enjoyment. We just disagree on civilians needing or wanting one. I was a sniper for most of my career. Absolutely love guns. Love talking about them. But I am also willing to compromise on common sense legislation......[/QUOTE]
My other son is working on that in DC as we speak.

That’s actually a fallacy. You can make a sound suppressor out of a 2 liter bottle but it won’t work as well as you think. Factor in expanding gases, the cubic inches of air in the bottle, lack of baffles, and you’ll see what I’m taking about. Also to use a suppressor to its full value you need to be shooting subsonic ammo. Once you put this “thing” on the end of a weapon, you lose exponential accuracy and risk injury to yourself from blowback.

I know all that and never said it would. We could get into specifics of a home made suppressor but my point is the same, it's not hard to modify. Results will never be as good but can be done. A bump stock is not near as good as a fully auto weapon manufactured to be that way and that is my point, Who cares?

This is what you deem a lie? This is as common as a stubbed toe.....I am dumbfounded that its even news

I am not a fan, but he handled this very well. The last thing he needed to do was ratchet this thing up further. We do not need to know everything in the moment and that knowledge in real time would have made this very hard to manage on the world stage. The internal tensions in Iran exposed by this are a testament to how bad this could have gone.

I am not a fan, but he handled this very well. The last thing he needed to do was ratchet this thing up further. We do not need to know everything in the moment and that knowledge in real time would have made this very hard to manage on the world stage. The internal tensions in Iran exposed by this are a testament to how bad this could have gone.

Killing him was a calculated risk no different than UBL. I saw firsthand what this demon was responsible for. In fact it ranks right at the top in regards to the importance of nailing him. It certainly could have gone in the wrong direction. The advisers to Trump are doing their jobs and he listened to them....That's a good thing

Killing him was a calculated risk no different than UBL. I saw firsthand what this demon was responsible for. In fact it ranks right at the top in regards to the importance of nailing him. It certainly could have gone in the wrong direction. The advisers to Trump are doing their jobs and he listened to them....That's a good thing

Whole heartedly agree, He was responsible for way more than we know and becoming extremely powerful in the terrorist community. As I understand it he could travel through most middle eastern countries unencumbered. An internationally united terrorist organization is a very scary scenario. He has needed to go for a very long time. This is the first time I truly believe the President has deferred to his advisors as you stated. I think the outcome surprised everyone. Hopefully this is a direction for the future.

Per a longtime Iranian American friend of mine, who does NOT like Trump at all, this general was an enemy even to most of the Iranian citizenry as he had many of them killed over the years. So, he was considered evil by many of his countrymen. Therefore, folks shouldn’t be fooled by the enormous crowd at his funeral (my friend thinks most were forced to attend as they hated him with a passion). Though not Trump supporters for the most part, most of the Iranian citizenry has never been outrightly anti-US and, if anything, this assassination may help improve feelings toward the US from the bulk of the citizens.

In a related manner that occurred after the funeral, note that Iranian students intentionally avoided disrespecting the US and Israel by avoiding stepping on their flags per this:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rferl.org/amp/30377074.html

Per a longtime Iranian American friend of mine, who does NOT like Trump at all, this general was an enemy even to most of the Iranian citizenry as he had many of them killed over the years. So, he was considered evil by many of his countrymen. Therefore, folks shouldn’t be fooled by the enormous crowd at his funeral (my friend thinks most were forced to attend as they hated him with a passion). Though not Trump supporters for the most part, most of the Iranian citizenry has never been outrightly anti-US and, if anything, this assassination may help improve feelings toward the US from the bulk of the citizens.

In a related manner that occurred after the funeral, note that Iranian students intentionally avoided disrespecting the US and Israel by avoiding stepping on their flags per this:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rferl.org/amp/30377074.html

Agree.....All positives with this hit. Delta could have taken him down with little to no fanfare but he deserved to go down like he lived

Well, politically we agree on this (if nothing else, LMAO).

The message sent was the one that needed to be sent since 1979.

Well, they tried to send a message in 1979 with Delta, but Operation Eagle Claw in April 1980 was a complete disaster. Destroyed a helo, a fixed wing, and 8 personnel. On top of that, no one rescued.

Well, they tried to send a message in 1979 with Delta, but Operation Eagle Claw in April 1980 was a complete disaster. Destroyed a helo, a fixed wing, and 8 personnel. On top of that, no one rescued.
I know, #never forget

China trade deal passes and Doc Sanders votes no because it dont address climate change......This could be your nominee facing Trump liberal America! I want this to happen for so many reasons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back