• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don’t get to arbitrarily decide what people do or don’t need. I personally like my suppressors. It makes my .22 rifle very quiet. I also have one for a 9mm. So you just go ahead and lick boots. I’ll stick to trying to keep my rights, thank you very much.

No I don't get to decide but I certainly have an opinion. I loved my suppressors too when I was clearing houses. I put my life in harms way for 20+ years to protect your rights to own the firearms of your choice. I still fight to protect them to this day but I have a firm grip on common sense legislation to protect my family from people that think bump stocks are really something afforded to you by the 2nd amendment.

None of this Ukraine nonsense affects you in any way, shape or form unless you just allow it to. That phone call didn't alter your life. It's politics in case you haven't figured that out. I get the corruption thing. I wish the world was perfect too man and that everybody did the right thing all the time but they don't. That's life......

Now the efforts that have been made to take down Trump (Like him or not)? That is what should scare the hell out of you

I think this Ukraine stuff does affect our lives. By allowing this type of stuff we empower our govt to raise the bar of corruption that we will accept. This will come back to haunt us in the end. We are the govts biggest check and balance. Once we forget to do our job or say it's ok because it's our guy then it will inevitably have an affect on us.

I think this Ukraine stuff does affect our lives. By allowing this type of stuff we empower our govt to raise the bar of corruption that we will accept. This will come back to haunt us in the end. We are the govts biggest check and balance. Once we forget to do our job or say it's ok because it's our guy then it will inevitably have an affect on us.

I am all about checks and balances when I see an issue worthy of my attention. This BS is a joke.....LOL

I am all about checks and balances when I see an issue worthy of my attention. This BS is a joke.....LOL

I think this is where me and you have one of the biggest disconnects because we are probably pretty close on political views.

The disconnect is I want to check everything. I was the same way with Obama. Check these crooks every chance you can. There are no jokes. We take our eye off the ball then they can get away with stuff like they have been.

No I don't get to decide but I certainly have an opinion. I loved my suppressors too when I was clearing houses. I put my life in harms way for 20+ years to protect your rights to own the firearms of your choice. I still fight to protect them to this day but I have a firm grip on common sense legislation to protect my family from people that think bump stocks are really something afforded to you by the 2nd amendment.
You and I disagree on many issues but not bump stocks. They are only good for two things, playing Rambo and mass shootings.

For the record, here’s a different take from Fox News fwiw: any thoughts?

“Parnas, in rare interview, undermines House Dems' claims that Trump team surveilled Ukraine ambassador”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...trump-yovanovitch-ukraine-house-democrats.amp

Couple of points. If Parnas thought it was drunk talk and is irrelevant then why turn it over to start such a huge fire. Those "drunk text" are going to start an entirely new investigation.

Secondly why did yovonavitch testify to being scared for her safety? Maybe they knew something was up?

Thirdly. How did this random gop candidate even know what was going on in Ukraine and that yovonavitch was of interest to parnas?

For the record, I think bump stocks are crap and would not sully any weapon of mine with one. Also for the record My son is a LEO.
That said, may I ask you a question?
As a former LEO, if a firearms ban was passed requiring confiscation do you think all LEO's would enforce it and confiscate from family and friends?

I think this is where me and you have one of the biggest disconnects because we are probably pretty close on political views.

The disconnect is I want to check everything. I was the same way with Obama. Check these crooks every chance you can. There are no jokes. We take our eye off the ball then they can get away with stuff like they have been.

In my military profession, I was taught to question EVERYTHING. I was also taught to take notice of but not get caught up in things that don't involve the operation in front of me to the point that the operation fails. On the scale of big things to worry about, this Ukraine nonsense doesn't even register in my mind

For the record, I think bump stocks are crap and would not sully any weapon of mine with one. Also for the record My son is a LEO.
That said, may I ask you a question?
As a former LEO, if a firearms ban was passed requiring confiscation do you think all LEO's would enforce it and confiscate from family and friends?

If you are speaking of just confiscating bump stocks I don't think there will be any pushback from LEO's and anybody that would risk prison time or their life over a bump stock is a full blown idiot. Now a full out weapons confiscation on AR type rifles? No way in hell is a LEO or a National Guard service member going to enforce that. It wouldn't even make it into law. They may try to ban the production of them, but confiscation is an absolute joke in my opinion

If you are speaking of just confiscating bump stocks I don't think there will be any pushback from LEO's and anybody that would risk prison time or their life over a bump stock is a full blown idiot. Now a full out weapons confiscation on AR type rifles? No way in hell is a LEO or a National Guard service member going to enforce that. It wouldn't even make it into law. They may try to ban the production of them, but confiscation is an absolute joke in my opinion
No not bump stocks, Yes to your answer. Not sure why or how anyone would think they could. There have been over 500k firearms sold to the public (way more, recently ) every year since WW2 . I don't know about you guys, but I don't throw guns or parts away

No not bump stocks, Yes to your answer. Not sure why or how anyone would think they could. There have been over 500k firearms sold to the public (way more, recently ) every year since WW2 . I don't know about you guys, but I don't throw guns or parts away

Yeah there is absolutely no way there will ever be a confiscation of guns in this country. They may try some buyback programs that a few will buy into but the masses? No way, no how

Congratulations. I’m retired prior service as well. Like someone is going to use a bump stock against your family. Get real.

Very few Marine units use suppressors and even less Army units. Prior to 2017 the use was mainly in JSOC units and not infantry. Main problem being that suppressors are only good for a max of 3,000 rounds and less when used in a desert environment.

I’d be more than glad to get into discussions on weapons, weapon platforms, and their usage in modern warfare and civilian use. Seeing as how I’m a certified armorer and Class I licensee as well as former SWAT I think I’m pretty well informed.

Last edited:
Their sole design is to circumvent as much of the fully auto restrictions as possible. They dont serve any other purpose.

You do realize I can do the same thing with a strong rubber band or a metal coat hanger, right?

You and I disagree on many issues but not bump stocks. They are only good for two things, playing Rambo and mass shootings.

Been used in one mass shooting and they were on the market for 15 years before ONE IDIOT jumped timing and used it. More people have been killed by ONE IDIOT jumping timing and using an automobile to run over people.

More people have been bludgeoned to death by hammers in those 15 years.

You do realize I can do the same thing with a strong rubber band or a metal coat hanger, right?
The point is they don't matter and they are crap. Let them have them. And yes, most people that know anything about firearms cam make a mod that gets around things. I can cover most of what you just said with a file and a two liter coke bottle. They will never get my guns but a bump stock, who cares?

Congratulations. I’m retired prior service as well. Like someone is going to use a bump stock against your family. Get real.

Very few Marine units use suppressors and even less Army units. Prior to 2017 the use was mainly in JSOC units and not infantry. Main problem being that suppressors are only good for a max of 3,000 rounds and less when used in a desert environment.

I’d be more than glad to get into discussions on weapons, weapon platforms, and their usage in modern warfare and civilian use. Seeing as how I’m a certified armorer and Class I licensee I think I’m pretty well informed.

I don't have that strong an opinion on them being banned per-se but guns aren't toys to me even when I do get a chance to shoot for enjoyment. We just disagree on civilians needing or wanting one. I was a sniper for most of my career. Absolutely love guns. Love talking about them. But I am also willing to compromise on common sense legislation......

The point is they don't matter and they are crap. Let them have them. And yes, most people that know anything about firearms cam make a mod that gets around things. I can cover most of what you just said with a file and a two liter coke bottle. They will never get my guns but a bump stock, who cares?

That’s actually a fallacy. You can make a sound suppressor out of a 2 liter bottle but it won’t work as well as you think. Factor in expanding gases, the cubic inches of air in the bottle, lack of baffles, and you’ll see what I’m taking about. Also to use a suppressor to its full value you need to be shooting subsonic ammo. Once you put this “thing” on the end of a weapon, you lose exponential accuracy and risk injury to yourself from blowback.

I don't have that strong an opinion on them being banned per-se but guns aren't toys to me even when I do get a chance to shoot for enjoyment. We just disagree on civilians needing or wanting one. I was a sniper for most of my career. Absolutely love guns. Love talking about them. But I am also willing to compromise on common sense legislation......

Suppressors are mainly a sniper tool. Now I see why you used them. What unit? My nephew was too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back