• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Ostrich December

There is absolutely no way Rome got 25" and Atlanta got 7". I refuse to believe such a snow gradient can exist.

I just provided about the most absolute proof you’re going to get. It was a tight gradient likely because there was little or no sleet just a little further north and there could have been heavier precip further north.

I just provided about the most absolute proof you’re going to get. It was a tight gradient likely because there was little or no sleet just a little further north and there could have been heavier precip further north.
And yet somehow the SC coast got more than Atlanta. Very unusual for a heavy snow event in GA and AL to dump more snow in Charleston than Atlanta.

Not to mention elevation differences too w/ perhaps some modest upslope for areas just north of Atlanta. These kinds of snow gradients have been seen in other storms around here in NC too like Jan 2000 & Mar 1927 for example where 2 feet fell in Fayetteville, while Lumberton one county south had closer to 7-8" & Red Springs about 15-20 miles SW of town only had 14"

And yet somehow the SC coast got more than Atlanta. Very unusual for a heavy snow event in GA and AL to dump more snow in Charleston than Atlanta.

The accuracy of the map is already in question based on ATL. I mean they even have 17” SOUTH of ATL, which of course didn’t happen. So, the 6-8”
they show for southern coastal SC may have happened but it can’t at all be trusted. I can tell you that nearby SAV got no measurable sleet or snow although they may have had some ZR if I recall correctly.

Back