• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Ostrich December

Guys even though I’m up here in Montana I still think the winter down south has plenty potential just to me I think especially after the last two years of winter it’s looking much different down that way I mean just think about all the rain we were getting from October through winter the last two years it don’t seem like that this go round

I honestly think you like severe better than snow. Nothing wrong with that!!
During the spring and summer ? Yeah but now not as much, I just love taking shots of severe storms, I personally enjoy the thrill of capturing something on camera like for example lightning or a shelf or a wall cloud, already got my savings account ready for chasecation 2021, gonna stay with a friend in KS
I don’t like cold much, but I do love me some snow, it’s just been absent and severe this year was much more prevalent, so I’ve enjoyed severe personally way more this year

During the spring and summer ? Yeah but now not as much, I just love taking shots of severe storms, I personally enjoy the thrill of capturing something on camera like for example lightning or a shelf or a wall cloud, already got my savings account ready for chasecation 2021, gonna stay with a friend in KS
I don’t like cold much, but I do love me some snow, it’s just been absent and severe this year was much more prevalent, so I’ve enjoyed severe personally way more this year
I could be off, but you strike me as the type of person who would go insane if you lived in a place like Buffalo that averages 100" of snow per year.

Maybe, i just don’t like cold since I’m a outdoor person and seasonally asthmatic, dry cold messes with my chest and makes it burn
I could be off, but you strike me as the type of person who would go insane if you lived in a place like Buffalo that averages 100" of snow per year.

I can tell you I miss my Marquette, MI winters. Had a 1984 CJ7 with soft top. This is no lie, the heater in that thing would damn near run you out of it even with snow, gale force winds, and -10° air temps. You literally couldn’t have the heat on full blast and wear a winter parka.

I can tell you I miss my Marquette, MI winters. Had a 1984 CJ7 with soft top. This is no lie, the heater in that thing would damn near run you out of it even with snow, gale force winds, and -10° air temps. You literally couldn’t have the heat on full blast and wear a winter parka.
I want to experience Lake Effect snow just once in my lifetime. I've been through tornadoes, hurricanes, blizzards, nor'easters, earthquakes, floods. The one thing I havent been through is Lake Effect snow.

Best part about it is that every September we would take to a shop and they would coat the entire frame, subframe, and body with linseed oil. Lasted all winter and that thing never rusted. That’s odd for up there with all the salt. Had a winter car too. A rust bucket POS 1979 Buick Electra 225 sedan. Had plywood floorboards, duct tape over the door and window seals, blankets on the seats where the vinyl was showing springs, hanging and then ripped out headliner, rusted out trunk so the jack and spare were in the back seat with the jumper cables.

Edit: heater in that didn’t work worth a tinkers damn. Started it in the mornings and let it run with a space heater on an extension cord inside on full blast to heat it up enough to be comfortable in.

Back