• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Ostrich December

Like this look better imo, -EPO can tap into some of the coldest air vs what we’re about to experience which is mainly Canadian air
Gotta watch out for any SER signal given sometimes that can happen with a -EPO but it looks alright right now
View attachment 53973View attachment 53974
This is a much better look and shows a little bit of what I'm talking about with Canada. One thing that tends to happen that we need to watch out for is that the ridge rolls over allowing for a SW troughing, which pumps heights in the SE. You see the SW trough signal showing up here, but it may be an artifact of a strong STJ, as you still see lower heights across the SE. It could end up being a good pattern for a bit, if it sets up that way and if eastern Canada starts to get cold.

Of course, our -NAO remains in hibernation.

2ff60fb45d924b67d06513e254e6afc1.jpg

d3a0ab1d2dad12de96e4eb91a11368d2.jpg

65030a97b5ee55c5fa8e4631f98c27b5.jpg

b7e56867cf5b2a11e6108100871ec1c1.jpg

96edaf2f46129e7c20cf18f67cc7cfaf.jpg

6d5e73e8d62417b75536c0da5d02bde3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are we going to go in a cycle we’re the ser comeback for a few weeks and then +pna makes a comeback to the eastern us cold again
It’s too far out to get a really good read on this but I’d argue the SER comeback beginning after mid month will probably last longer than a few weeks

The transition between this big +PNA and retrograding -EPO becoming -WPO late month will feature giant shots of true arctic air instead of more moderate continental polar air masses. We should still have a favorable pattern for wintry weather thru mid month will much more cold air anomaly wise and an extra 2-3F of cooler climo certainly will help too, the question will start becoming how much juice is left in the subtropical jet beyond next week

Interestingly enough, even though the EPS wants to go towards a poorly tilted -EPO, it also wants to push a -NAO. I usually would say blasphemy, but we are actually going to get a -NAO during the first week of December, notice no SER. Any implications as to if this is a likely evolution?
D6A14332-0440-4D6A-9094-CEB541E62E22.png

Interestingly enough, even though the EPS wants to go towards a poorly tilted -EPO, it also wants to push a -NAO. I usually would say blasphemy, but we are actually going to get a -NAO during the first week of December. Any implications as to how the pattern would evolve w/ this?
View attachment 54092
I think Eric said that if we got the -NAO then it would crush the southeast ridge for a little while longer.

Back