• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Ostrich December

lol. The ensembles, have never really been good yet for east of mountains IMO. We must have patience. Ride the -AO/-NAO train to January victory!!! (I hope). Enjoy the cool December.
Yeah I don't think anything is happening for us for until the 9-10 day mark at the absolute earliest. I definitely hope for something by the 1st week in January if the NAO holds. And it appears to have some staying power as of now. It's possible the wheels come off after mid Jan as they often do in La Nina. However, if we can hold it off until mid Jan and the models are correct in weakening the Nina in Jan we may can avoid a big flip to a dumpster fire. I know there is a lag in atmospheric response but if we aren't in a La Nina pattern by the time the Nina weakens that has to be somewhat good for us.

I know you are a former southern wx guy but why do we need to keep watching Iowa weather?
He's spent the past four years on this board complaining, so he deserves to talk about the snow he finally gets in Iowa. ;)

Plus, we don't want to exclude this board to everyone outside of the SE. The more the merrier!

They haven’t had a double digit storm inDBQ since ‘14, I think they said on the local weather the other day! I’m hoping I bring the mojo, kind of like the Derecho! ??

Back