• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern October Thread

Great news for @Myfrotho704_ , @Lickwx , @NorthDFWwx , @tennessee storm , and others who prefer warmth: this is about as warm as it has ever been on record for the eastern 3/4 of the CONUS overall (though not specifically the SE) in the first half of October on the EPS (CMC and GEFS similar): these show +4 to+7 for most of the active members and the EPS has done well recently: ecmen_12_2mtpdp_na_dr-0015_0015 (1).png\

These temps would be normal for the first half of Sept!

Edit: At NYC, this implies a first half of Oct that is 10+ warmer than normal when taking into account a several degree cold bias there over the last month!

Last edited:
Great news for @Myfrotho704_ , @Lickwx , @NorthDFWwx DFW , @tennessee storm , and others who prefer warmth: this is about as warm as it has ever been on record for the eastern 3/4 of the CONUS overall (though not specifically the SE) in the first half of October on the EPS (CMC and GEFS similar): these show +4 to+7 for most of the active members and the EPS has done well recently: View attachment 91883\

Edit: At NYC, this implies a first half of Oct that is 10+ warmer than normal when taking into account a several degree cold bias thereover the last month!
Arguably a extremely similar pattern to March 2012, which broke many records across eastern NA, doesn’t look that hot but that overall H5 pattern is about the best you can get for widespread eastern US/NA warmth
Aleutian ridge ? ✅
Deep Trough/ vortex around western CAN/PNW/AK ?✅
I mean it’s almost a carbon copy of March 2012, very La Niña feel to it
3EBF5FA5-A2BB-4401-8718-F21FB2D67831.pngA415CE68-E082-432C-8FF1-61D02B2C7221.png194E28D5-FBA2-4193-9F44-DFC00D72DDB2.png0479A1E8-9E4B-49EB-88F3-E9950F328EAD.gif

Last edited:
I’m fully convinced now that the Gfs is out to lunch with regards to a dry solution .. even icon has a fairly wet system and also fairly prolonged probably one of our first long rain events of the dark season … nothing heavy just consistent rains and with the flow and upper low I don’t see how it’s wrong 4441E07C-C6AD-4D76-AD7F-FEEC298B25CF.png

• Thank You
Reactions: SD
Great news for @Myfrotho704_ , @Lickwx , @NorthDFWwx , @tennessee storm , and others who prefer warmth: this is about as warm as it has ever been on record for the eastern 3/4 of the CONUS overall (though not specifically the SE) in the first half of October on the EPS (CMC and GEFS similar): these show +4 to+7 for most of the active members and the EPS has done well recently: View attachment 91883\

Edit: At NYC, this implies a first half of Oct that is 10+ warmer than normal when taking into account a several degree cold bias there over the last month!
Arguably a extremely similar pattern to March 2012, which broke many records across eastern NA, doesn’t look that hot but that overall H5 pattern is about the best you can get for widespread eastern US/NA warmth
Aleutian ridge ? ✅
View attachment 91884View attachment 91885View attachment 91886View attachment 91887

FWD has already bumped the highs for Sunday - Thursday into the mid 80s, and strongly hinted at 90s returning by next weekend. :cool:

This would almost make up for our god awful April / May, aside from the complete dearth of severe weather continuing.

Aleutian ridge ? ✅
View attachment 91884View attachment 91885View attachment 91886View attachment 91887

El Nino we get a -pna
Neutral and we get a -pna
La Nina and we get a -pna.

"MJO.exe has stopped working"

Persistent mid to upper 80s well into November ? I don’t remember that one chief . You sure you got the right location and year ?
Yes. IT got 86 in NOvember. That is mid to upper 80s. THAT IS NOT TROLLING!@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

It was for weeks. It got almost 90! It lasted from about Oct 20 - Nov 5. That's more than one day! I'm actually worse than Birdman, ain't I? So are you
I remember Birmingham was in the upper 80s until mid November. I think we had no rain for 60 to 70 days.

Back