• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern October Thread

Looks like we may not be done with the 90s just yet. Although the end may hopefully be in sight with some more Falllike cold fronts appearing in the long range GFS.View attachment 91911

88 Friday from the NWS and 90 next Saturday on the TWC app

It better be short lived lol ?

At least it rained... Some of my Dallas friends said it did not down there

From a spatial standpoint, that’s extremely impressive across eastern North America how widespread those AN temps are and something that just isn’t that common, it’s not always about the smaller picture
Nah yeah rip the NE but the SE chillin I feel like we’ve really been spared by the big heat waves this year they have just bubbled above us

88 Friday from the NWS and 90 next Saturday on the TWC app

It better be short lived lol ?

At least it rained... Some of my Dallas friends said it did not down there

We finally got a couple 15 minute heavy downpours yesterday and just a little while ago today here.

But apparently, thunderstorms just don't happen in Addison any more.

We gonna warm no doubt and with a lack of polar or arctic air and typical airmass moderation when/if we get a decent sfc wedge into the area on the front end of the ridge we might get back to average for a day or 2 before a solid 8-10 AN period. If we get the jet retraction and retrogression we might get into an EC trough in the d14-21 but the potential hyperactive typhoon period upcoming makes me wonder if the models are rushing it or mishandling the evolution. I'm still watching the NAtl over the next few days to see if we start wave breaking and -NAOing. As a whole though if you want fall like air this isn't what you want to see at least in the short term.

Last edited:
Definitely interesting seeing what the Gfs is trying to do in regards to keeping low pressure around the SE coast while the ride tries to get going .. we still warm for a while but if that low pressure can stick around long enough it might be able to buy us enough time to get to a good cold front through

Definitely interesting seeing what the Gfs is trying to do in regards to keeping low pressure around the SE coast while the ride tries to get going .. we still warm for a while but if that low pressure can stick around long enough it might be able to buy us enough time to get to a good cold front through
It has no support tho with that solution unfortunately 508A4F8C-867E-46BE-8D2D-87A6A63A618E.png4D89BA8F-08DB-41F7-98D1-23F6DE824780.png

Back