• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

October Odyssey

This October drought isn't living up to the hype around these parts.

The interesting thing about the LR to me is that I believe there is a strong possibility of a hurricane in the western Atlantic/Caribbean Sea/eastern Gulf out there around D10, give or take. If the models are right, and we get troughing in the eastern part of the country, we'll get to experience some really nice fall-like weather and some good fall cold fronts. If they revert back to a west coast trough, we'll be tracking a possible hurricane threat. Makes for an interesting period either way.

The interesting thing about the LR to me is that I believe there is a strong possibility of a hurricane in the western Atlantic/Caribbean Sea/eastern Gulf out there around D10, give or take. If the models are right, and we get troughing in the eastern part of the country, we'll get to experience some really nice fall-like weather and some good fall cold fronts. If they revert back to a west coast trough, we'll be tracking a possible hurricane threat. Makes for an interesting period either way.
Gotta like the mid to late fall hurricane/trough merge and the airmass after. Remember how cold it was the mornings after matthew and sandy

Gotta like the mid to late fall hurricane/trough merge and the airmass after. Remember how cold it was the mornings after matthew and sandy
Yeah that's awesome weather right there!

And Hugo, guess that could be considered early/mid fall.

Right at .60" now. This band is not moving east. Just keeps training right over the RDU area. Rain continues to overperform for our area this year. Temp has also dropped into the upper 50s.

Looks at 0.0 in rain gauge, looks back at model, back to rain gauge... I guess that's one way to look at it. ?

Ps.. I'm done with no rain jokes for the day now.

Back