• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

October Odyssey

Bout the weirdest temp map i've seen from ECMWF lol
sfct.us_ma.png

Go on Pivotal and look at temp/precip for 198-240. I guess its a stalled front? I don't know

Bout the weirdest temp map i've seen from ECMWF lol
sfct.us_ma.png

Go on Pivotal and look at temp/precip for 198-240. I guess its a stalled front? I don't know
Yeah, it looks like a stationary front sets up due to a cutoff low spinning around in the central US. Rain sits over Alabama for a couple of days, which is why it's much cooler than to the west.

We had a foot in 2011.
Maybe some localized areas. Inman received a foot officially Dec 2018. But GSP Airport hasn't had a double digit year, much less in a single storm since 1993. CLT managed it in 2004 with the freak storm. For RDU 2000 was probably their last double digit year. But I'm not 100% on that one. Not as familiar with their area.

^^The last few GFS runs do not show the warmth for days 6-10 as shown on the euro. It has a cold front pushing through the SE starting on day 6. The latest Canadian also has moved towards the GFS on the frontal passage. Lets see if the 12z euro follows.

It’s still taking getting used to the tornado sirens up here! Every Tuesday at 9:30 AM they go off as a test for a few minutes, heard them yesterday! Gonna hit 81 here Friday or Saturday I think, that’s about 15+ above normal I thimk

It’s still taking getting used to the tornado sirens up here! Every Tuesday at 9:30 AM they go off as a test for a few minutes, heard them yesterday! Gonna hit 81 here Friday or Saturday I think, that’s about 15+ above normal I thimk
They test the tornado sirens around here every Saturday at noon. Caught me off guard the first time. They are extremely loud.

Maybe some localized areas. Inman received a foot officially Dec 2018. But GSP Airport hasn't had a double digit year, much less in a single storm since 1993. CLT managed it in 2004 with the freak storm. For RDU 2000 was probably their last double digit year. But I'm not 100% on that one. Not as familiar with their area.
I’m really surprised that it’s been that long since GSP had a double-digit season at the airport. CLT has had several in that time...’99-‘00, ‘02-‘03, and ‘03-‘04... there has also been a few times that places all around the area got more that 10 inches, but the airport ended up just short.

Back