• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

October Odyssey

73,50 dewpoint. Love my latitude and elevation. Meanwhile, it's 88,65 dewpoint in Augusta GA.

Is this serious? Thats like August heat!

I had 77.2F with a 60F dewpoint.

Capture.JPG

KATL

Capture.JPG

Closest TWC reporting to me is Roswell:

Capture.JPG

Augusta and Columbia never cease to amaze me.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 11
Are these multiple gulf storms churning up enough water in the gulf to affect water temperatures? Any correlation to gulf temps and the southeast ridge? We know the warm Indonesian waters affect us, and obviously a blow torch Gulf Stream, but I wonder if a cooler gulf will dry us out and allow cooler temperatures.

Never seen snow in Chattanooga in October, but I have hiked up into an ice storm on Big Frog Mountain in Oct. Was 50 degrees and rain in Chatt, 38 at trailhead (2000 ft) and hit the sleet and freezing rain around 3000 ft. Pretty cool. Does happen from time to time.
Had the same experience at Clingman’s Dome one October. I’ve seen flurries on Halloween twice in the past 25 years but nothing more.

Never seen snow in Chattanooga in October, but I have hiked up into an ice storm on Big Frog Mountain in Oct. Was 50 degrees and rain in Chatt, 38 at trailhead (2000 ft) and hit the sleet and freezing rain around 3000 ft. Pretty cool. Does happen from time to time.
My senior year at App State in 1996, Boone had 7 inches the last week in October. The other 3 years I saw flurries at least once during the month.

I'll take it. I remember when summer was coming back just a few days ago. I like chilly fall days and nights.
I think last year jinxed Chattanooga to be doomed to a cold snowless winter, since we got that wonderful happy accident 4 inches one February morning in an otherwise warm winter. Something like 2002-03.

Back