• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

October Odyssey

and if it happens we’ll all be saying “give us this same set up in 2 months”

Yeah no doubt.....I am not sure what record low highs are for that date but I reckon upper 30's would be in the ballpark lol....probably wont pan out but would be one of the colder Oct rains I remember if it does.

Yeah no doubt.....I am not sure what record low highs are for that date but I reckon upper 30's would be in the ballpark lol....probably wont pan out but would be one of the colder Oct rains I remember if it does.
Upper 30s wouldn’t be in the balk park for the date, they would wreck the monthly record . coldest October high on record in rdu is 42. Mean coldest is 57 , so barely below 60.

Upper 30s wouldn’t be in the balk park for the date, they would wreck the monthly record . coldest October high on record in rdu is 42. Mean coldest is 57 , so barely below 60.
The coldest October high I could find for CLT is 46 which is a degree below the coldest average low temperature for the month. So yes what the 18z Goofy is showing would smash some records.

The coldest October high I could find for CLT is 46 which is a degree below the coldest average low temperature for the month. So yes what the 18z Goofy is showing would smash some records.
I honestly believe it because I’m a pessimist and believe the most improbable, which I don’t want to happen, will lol. Fact of the matter is as goofy as the gfs is we have broken many cold records in Raleigh / Greensboro area that only it picked up on. June 2020 cold days, then the second coldest April day on record in 2019 in Raleigh . It’s going to go something like this and come back to this post if it does go like this lol. CLT :58 GSO:40 RDU: 44 . Roanoke rapids : 43 Fayetteville : 53 @SD s house : 49

I found PGV and the lowest max high is 46.....ironically enough on Oct 20th lol....in 1974

There were only 5 days in the entire month of Oct that had a max min under 50....kinda surprised me April has over double the max mins under 50 versus Oct.

Back