• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

October Odyssey

I found PGV and the lowest max high is 46.....ironically enough on Oct 20th lol....in 1974

There were only 5 days in the entire month of Oct that had a max min under 50....kinda surprised me April has over double the max mins under 50 versus Oct.
Makes sense to me, lag ! It’s hard to get cold in October , easier in April when the polar regions haven’t really warmed up yet and our water temps are cold where as now they are still very warm .

I found PGV and the lowest max high is 46.....ironically enough on Oct 20th lol....in 1974

There were only 5 days in the entire month of Oct that had a max min under 50....kinda surprised me April has over double the max mins under 50 versus Oct.
Eh i always feel April is colder than October. Maybe just from recent memory

Pattern wise that is literally perfect, -NAO, -AO + PNA -EPO -WPO, & big vortex over the Hudson Bay. Just give this to me 3 months from now maybe 2020-21 will seeing as how this year wants to screw with everyone, a cold winter would make Covid-19 worse and be on brand

Pattern wise that is literally perfect, -NAO, -AO + PNA -EPO -WPO, & big vortex over the Hudson Bay. Just give this to me 3 months from now maybe 2020-21 will seeing as how this year wants to screw with everyone, a cold winter would make Covid-19 worse and be on brand
Isn’t there a saying about what pattern sets up in October, is predominant pattern for the winter?

1st year La Nina winters are usually a little cooler than the 2nd (& subsequent years), we have that going for us

1st year La Nina winters (since 1950)
View attachment 50011

2nd year La Ninas (since 1950)

View attachment 50012

It’s going to above normal no matter what barring a asteroid impact, volcanic eruption or nuclear winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just feel like every October/November, we get the perfect winter pattern, then we just don't get it in winter.

Back