• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

October Odyssey

The cold in the first half of November last year was impressive. Quite a few mornings in the low to mid 20s here
Yep I got my earliest accumulating snow in 14 years of living here last November. Unfortunately it was still a crap winter for the most part.

Attachments

• 9AD113A2-4B81-46AB-AF0F-B227D4B4BFF1.jpeg
    9AD113A2-4B81-46AB-AF0F-B227D4B4BFF1.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 31
Euro went stupid end of run, pretty much every composite is favorable for cold lol View attachment 49842
GFS is showing the cold as well. Right after day 10 it drops dew points below freezing for most on this board. That would at least signal our first low elevation frost for many and maybe the first freeze for some. **Frost or freeze is good with me; anything to finally kill the bugs.

Euro went stupid end of run, pretty much every composite is favorable for cold lol View attachment 49842
EPS isn't far off. If we can't get the wedge front through this weekend/early next week and Delta stays west it's going to be ugly over the weekend into early next week with highs in in the low to mid 80s and dews in the upper 60s to around 70, we will be looking forward to the next trough by this point

EPS isn't far off. If we can't get the wedge front through this weekend/early next week and Delta stays west it's going to be ugly over the weekend into early next week with highs in in the low to mid 80s and dews in the upper 60s to around 70, we will be looking forward to the next trough by this point
12z GFS is showing very little wedge (and Delta stays west). But you would think with that high to the NW/N a wedge could push southward. Looks like at hour 132 it was trying up in N. VA (more than at 6z). I guess something to keep an eye on. We know that CADs can overperform some; or not be modeled correctly.

So I just learned that OKC somehow averages a “trace” of snow in the month of October. So, that means it’s technically snow season for me.

The GFS-para is also the first model I have seen that shows snow here, albeit just barely.874D2EA2-A175-453E-8981-F6C7566CC405.jpeg

So I just learned that OKC somehow averages a “trace” of snow in the month of October. So, that means it’s technically snow season for me.

The GFS-para is also the first model I have seen that shows snow here, albeit just barely.View attachment 49884
Those anafrontals work

Give me all the omega block
View attachment 49885

e10091774c49f911ce767e319e72a3e2.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why stupid, maybe our winter pattern is returning back to “normal”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No sir warmth is our normal now. We may have a cold winter occasionally, but long gone are the years of sustained cold and double digit snowfall years. Believe it or not those used to be common for this area prior to the 90s. Now its been almost 30 years here since a double digit year. Thats not coincidence.

No sir warmth is our normal now. We may have a cold winter occasionally, but long gone are the years of sustained cold and double digit snowfall years. Believe it or not those used to be common for this area prior to the 90s. Now its been almost 30 years here since a double digit year. Thats not coincidence.
We had a foot in 2011.

Back