• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern November 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can always be worse, I reckon! ?EE70A6F3-CBFB-4EC0-A772-A6FE50FBB775.png

Is it just me or the cold is starting the back off tremendously on the models? And it’s only for a very short period of time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it just me or the cold is starting the back off tremendously on the models? And it’s only for a very short period of time

At least we don't have to wade through the "wasting the good pattern too early" routine.

I agree. I just hope this isn’t a theme of winter. Models start off by showing a huge cold shot just to retrograde back west of the apps and mid south

Isn't that usually our typical winter pattern? ?

6z GFS doesn't look very warm though the LR. I mean, it's not icebox or anything, but it doesn't look all that warm. The trough axis pretty much stays in the center of the country. My guess is that's what winter will feature a lot of, when it actually does get cold.

We’re wasting a great pattern on to early climo. Active southern stream with a mean longwave trough hanging around the central/eastern Us. This place would be balls on walls crazy if we had this look in January. It’s just southern stream after southern stream with northern stream confluence. Get ready for cold rains. Mountain areas (@Blue_Ridge_Escarpment )I’d watch next week for some wintry precip in the in-situ CAD fashion at the very least 1D800064-290A-4E7A-8B32-BF6FCD51133D.jpegCB51E180-7042-4D08-8211-96184F501FC0.jpegDAA3BF40-0977-4CFF-AAC0-F1C388DB6935.png

Mid West Ice box of 22-23.
Yes, I agree. The mid-west and northeast are going to see a very harsh winter. It starts now and probably won't let up until May. The southeast will remain "normal" with periods of cold followed by nice warm-ups. I think this pattern coming up next week will repeat after a two week break, maybe in late December. So cool through Thanksgiving, then a two to three week warm-up (may hit 80 one more time in early December?), then cold for second half of December. This is for Atlanta. I think CAD will moderate NC's warm up. The jet stream is "loose", so when it does get cold, look out below! But when it gets warm, it will feel like spring.

Yes, I agree. The mid-west and northeast are going to see a very harsh winter. It starts now and probably won't let up until May. The southeast will remain "normal" with periods of cold followed by nice warm-ups. I think this pattern coming up next week will repeat after a two week break, maybe in late December. So cool through Thanksgiving, then a two to three week warm-up (may hit 80 one more time in early December?), then cold for second half of December. This is for Atlanta. I think CAD will moderate NC's warm up. The jet stream is "loose", so when it does get cold, look out below! But when it gets warm, it will feel like spring.
Sorry, I highly doubt 80 in December,,,we'll see..

6z GFS doesn't look very warm though the LR. I mean, it's not icebox or anything, but it doesn't look all that warm. The trough axis pretty much stays in the center of the country. My guess is that's what winter will feature a lot of, when it actually does get cold.
12z Either! 12z ? 496967FD-6739-4066-9FE9-7C0BD7168CB6.png

If you think we’re going to see snow next week… you’re probably wrong. Times you shouldn’t get excited about snow is mid November .. it’s always possible but you should never expect anything but an ice cold rain when we are way out of our climo
Oh Really? Just kidding of course. I see flurries from time to time in November but this was the most snow I’ve ever seen in that month since living here in 2006. This was November 30th 2020. I personally don’t bother getting to worked up over snow until Early January. It’s always possible but very rare most seasons for the majority of us to get a good snow before January.
53A385E7-3E56-4D2F-9A25-49CC8C625BA4.jpeg

Oh Really? Just kidding of course. I see flurries from time to time in November but this was the most snow I’ve ever seen in that month since living here in 2006. This was November 30th 2020. I personally don’t bother getting to worked up over snow until Early January. It’s always possible but very rare most seasons for the majority of us to get a good snow before January.
View attachment 123579
I want to see you get enough snow to collapse that inflatable snow man. Pattern looks ripe for Nashville to score over the next few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back