• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Nippy November

Lets see ...

MJO is Ph 6, 7, 8 in the near term ...

ALL_emean_phase_full.gif

Here's 6, 7, 8 with November as the middle month ...

combined_image.png

NAO is basically up and down around neutral ...

nao.mrf.gif

EPO goes positive ... PNA goes negative ...

4indices.png

Now this is not a forecast, but just a thought ... it's likely gonna warm up .... but ...

What goes up is gonna go down, and what goes down is gonna go up ... so hold on and enjoy the cool snap ... don't freak and yell "Torch" in a week, and don't buy flip flops for December ... err.. I mean January ...
Phil

:cool:

I guarantee you most people on here would start complaining if there was wall to wall cold for 4 months. Its nice to have a little break from the cold occasionally.
Well that's not saying much. I'd complain if you hung me with a new rope?? but I'm sure we wont have to worry about complaining about the cold!

I see that the Tropical Tidbits "fake news" snowfall accumulation maps have not been fixed yet. I don't care if they include snow, sleet, freezing rain, rain, volcanic ash, and whatever else can fall from the sky, they just don't add up.:rolleyes:

Here you go. Some parts of NC still get a nice snow.View attachment 25537

GFS increased again. The back and forth continues.

To recap, the Euro had the storm first, then the GFS, then the Euro lessens it, then the GFS does, too, only to come back today to increase the storm again.

Last edited by a moderator:
GFS increased again. The back and forth continues.

To recap, the Euro had the storm first, then the GFS, then the Euro lessens it, then the GFS does, too, only to come back today to increase the storm again.
Thanks dude. You're contributions are not fully appreciated by most here.

Hard to get sold on much more than a few wet flakes at the end of the event next week. I'd much rather be playing chicken with a marginal air mass on the front end versus playing the waiting game for the cold to arrive.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Hard to get sold on much more than a few wet flakes at the end of the event next week. I'd much rather be playing chicken with a marginal air mass on the front end versus playing the waiting game for the cold to arrive.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Agree with you. Not a big fan of cold air chasing the moisture scenario we have on GFS.

(I'm a meteorologist, btw... happy to verify for the met tag if you want)

Agree with you. Not a big fan of cold air chasing the moisture scenario we have on GFS.

Are you a met we might be familiar with?

And while this may qualify as a trailing wave on a front, they almost never verify either. so I agree and am not very exited either at this point. Hopefully getting more insulation blown in the attic Tuesday just in time:)

MRX starting to bite on a bit of snow showers/token flakes Monday night into Tues:

Monday Night
A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Tuesday
A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 42. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Back